I have a question about cut order.

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
patc
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

I have a question about cut order.

Post by patc »

I bought some files from Cascade Metal Designs last week. They are nice looking files, but I had a difficult time cutting them because my machine cut the outer perimeter of the drawing first. I tried to set the cut order so that the outer perimeter would cut last, but I had no luck.
I guess the files were drawn with Adobe illustrator. I am using Corel Draw. I don't know if those programs are compatible with one another. Does anyone know what I can do?

I bought the machine from a company called Practical CNC. Now it's called Precision Automated Equipment. The contoller software is called WinCNC

Thanks Scratch, I will try your advise. I've had my machine for about 3 years now.

Thanks, Pat C
Last edited by patc on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
griffin
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: I have a quetion about cut order.

Post by griffin »

I know I am a newbie at this. But, I had an issue like this and found it was how I was programming it in SheetCam was my problem. It didn't have anything to do with the drawing program. Like I said though, I am a learning newbie.
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

I have a Practical table and I use Corel version 11, so I might be able to help.

Open up the image in Corel.
Left click on it, then right click on it and select "Break Curve Apart"
Then left click on the part you want to cut last. (You'll see that all of the parts are separate now)
Then go up on the toolbar and click on "ARRANGE" then "ORDER", then "TO FRONT"

Save that file,
Export it as a DXF,
then import it in WinCNC

It will always cut the stuff in back first so if you have a specific order you want, it is possible to select that also.

Corel works great for that table and I've been using them for a while so feel free to ask me for help. How long have you had your table?
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Oh yeah... I forgot about the shortcuts..... :oops:
Thanks Leatherhands.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”