Torchmate Table 4800 Issues

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
ttomlin1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torchmate Table 4800 Issues

Post by ttomlin1 »

Have a torchmate table here at school and this is only the second year we are using it. It worked great last year with little to no issues. After a few months over summer just sitting and trying to use it this year it has been a never ending series of issues. Have replaced the ground clamp, replaced silica in air filter (speedaire 5vc91) and have new metal on the table. Did not change any settings as the table does it automatically when inputting settings. Trying to cut 1/4in plate. Pictures show issues I am having, could really use the help to figure out what I am doing wrong.
Attachments
IMG_4401.JPG
IMG_4400.JPG
IMG_4399.JPG
IMG_4398.JPG
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate Table 4800 Issues

Post by weldguy »

From what I can see it appears as though your cut speed is too fast and/or the consumables in your torch are worn out. Have a look at your consumable condition and if they look good try slowing down the cut speed. What speed was it cutting at?
ttomlin1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ttomlin1 »

I replaced all consumables before I made this cut. I also had the overall speed dialed down 60%
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

If your speed was dialed down 60% and your cut height was close to correct the only thing I can think of is the ground clamp not on the material or the where the ground clamp plugs into the plasma cutter it can turn out and become loose.

So what was your actual cutting speed?

Have you paused the machine mid-cut to measure the distance between the torch and the material? If not please do and reply with the cut height also.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I agree. It looks like you are cutting too high. I would recommend pausing while it is cutting and physically measure your torch-to-material distance. What is your current setting? Also a good idea to attach your work lead clamp (not actually a ground) directly to the material you are cutting.
David
ttomlin1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ttomlin1 »

Issue seems to be resolved. For some reason the settings in the cut parameters were changed from the automatic factory setting. (Not sure why I had never changed them or had a reason to) the work lead clamp was replaced as the other one had began to rust and all air was drained out of compressor and filters changed as well as water drained. I installed new consumables again and was able to cut good with a feed rate of 30 and the main override down to 60%. I will measure the physical distance though to double check. I did that because I was having issues with 1 part where the torch started to drag on the metal every few inches and would cause a torch breakaway. In doing that I also reset the parameters to factory default.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Glad you have it sorted out, thanks for posting your solution.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

ttomlin1 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:53 am Issue seems to be resolved. For some reason the settings in the cut parameters were changed from the automatic factory setting. (Not sure why I had never changed them or had a reason to) the work lead clamp was replaced as the other one had began to rust and all air was drained out of compressor and filters changed as well as water drained. I installed new consumables again and was able to cut good with a feed rate of 30 and the main override down to 60%. I will measure the physical distance though to double check. I did that because I was having issues with 1 part where the torch started to drag on the metal every few inches and would cause a torch breakaway. In doing that I also reset the parameters to factory default.
Happy to hear you're back up and cutting again! It's always the simple things that seem to cause some of these problems. Live and learn!
David

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”