XPR 300 2inch Pierce Questions

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Dsilverarc33
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

XPR 300 2inch Pierce Questions

Post by Dsilverarc33 »

Using Alltra table and burny S10 software with Pronest. We just hooked up argon assist it helped a lot when coming to 2 inch. My question is what pierce hight and time hold do you all like for this setup 300 amp consumables. Cutting Shape Parts Great Right now. But I have a ton of parts to cut with hole details inside the parts. Right now my SLag puddle dries so wide that I cant cut a 2inch hole. The pierce height in cut charts is excessively high. Just wondering if anyone has experience cutting 2inch?
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: XPR 300 2inch Pierce Questions

Post by weldguy »

2" :Wow I have no experience with that, sorry but sounds like your doing fairly well with it. Hopefully someone can chime in with some tips for you.
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

Does Pronest support a ramp in on piercing? Eg moves during the pierce to allow the slag to roostertail out the back? Might be worth trying.
Also, can the torch jump to a puddle jump height during the pierce so you can establish the arc at a lower height before jumping to the cut chart height?
I have not gone past 16mm so can't really help. I can imagine what the crater might look like though!
Dsilverarc33
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Dsilverarc33 »

Yes Rod it does have a pierce ramp option but I’m not sure how it works. I do have arc jump start on allready. It lights at .375 then moves to 1” pierce height. It fully pierces at about 6 seconds. Argon assist seems be helping. But I’ve seen these at fabtech and such pierce with a half in hole or less. Seems as though something still isn’t quite right. I’ve been piercing, clean slag, then edge start cut with 1 second pierce. But it’s such a hassle.
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

How did you get an XPR on that table with Burny software?
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

I found the cut charts, they recommend Oxygen plasma gas, Nitrogen shield gas and Argon assist. Are you using them all?
Also it shows 0.25" cut height.

You are pushing everything to the limit of the machine so I would not hold high expectations.
Dsilverarc33
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Dsilverarc33 »

cuts were amazing just pierced then went back nd edge started everything did both with the same program. BTA the hypertherm and everything came together. A lot of table companies buy burny as a software to use. Most machines can hook any plasma to if it has the right adapters and coding.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”