Mirrored movements on Torchmate 2 Table

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
inspectweld
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by inspectweld »

We have the torchmate2 table and software and cad cam Lt version 9. Our problem is that the torch movements are mirrored and it causes the machine to cut in the wrong direction for the best cut quality. In other words the screen on the computer is correct but the torch movements are in a mirrored direction. How do we change that? We have been using this machine for about a year now and the cut quality is acceptable but not the best we would like. We had it confused on what side of the cut is supposed to be the best side all this time. Thanks
Last edited by inspectweld on Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inspectweld
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by inspectweld »

Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Mirrored movements on Torchmate 2 Table

Post by Gamelord »

Go into your software, you can change the setting there. I believe it is the x and y axis polarity.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
inspectweld
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by inspectweld »

Thanks Gamelord but I did find out the problem shortly after I posted this. Apparently when I got this table over a year ago when I replaced the motors and installed the gear boxes I must have a wire crossed somewhere or something. So instead of trying to find the crossed wires I was able to find in the program where it allows change to motor direction on X or Y. Problem solved.
Let me ask, do you still have an old Torchmate table? Its hard to find someone who knows much about these tables.
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Yes, still running my Torchmate. It works great so can't complain.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
inspectweld
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by inspectweld »

Good to know, hope it stays that way for you.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”