German cnc program

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
bobrl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

German cnc program

Post by bobrl »

Hello forum! Been a long time since i have posted here!! Been busy on other ventures!! Reason for posting today is I purchased a CNC machine from china about 7 years ago and it has been a good machine , a 4'x10' table , very heavy duty and quality built.My biggest problems have been the German cut program!!!(IBE CNC cut) No support at all, none!! One issue i always have is when i am importing a cut path , it has no good way to change a internal cut path to a external cut path or vise versa !!! Right now i am wanting to cut a American flag , with plasma and the 50 stars are programed to external cuts and i want internal cuts!! So I have to go thru and select every star and change the cut path!!!!!! Any one have any info on this program?? Thanks!!!Bob in Illinois!!
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: German cnc program

Post by tcaudle »

One of the downsides of the "all-in-one" control program (CAD/CAM/Control) is that if one part lacks a feature then you are stuck. What you are asking is so easy to do in SheetCAM . While it will automatically try to figure out inside versus outside cuts on the same layer, it lets you combine one or more cuts into a named layer and define the cut (Operation) how you want it. You can change if its inside/outside or online, how fast you want to cut, which direction you want to cut and even different lead-ins and lead-outs . Any option you can select in an Operation in SheetCAM you can apply it those group of cuts. I don't know if your control part will take g-code or if its all hidden internally.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

I agree with Tom! Having a hobby version of Libellula (CAD, CAM) on a prevuous table vs Sheetcam on my JD2 table is night and day different. The Libellula was awesome for a beginner simply because it did a lot of the thinking for you but I quickly outgrew its features and it became limiting. Sheetcam is way more customizable and you have control over so much more.
Black Forest
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Black Forest »

Have you contacted the company and asked for help?
bobrl
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by bobrl »

Hello!!! Sorry for the delay!! Yes i have contacted IBE cnc cut , they were of no help!! But i did figure out the problem i was having with internal to external cuts ! Another issues i have and asked this years ago of the supplier i purchased from. That is having to have a Dongle to be able to use ibe cnccut. I asked ,what if the dongle messes up,breaks over time or is lost , i cant use the program any longer. They said yes thats right! I said i paid for the procdut for life ,not the life of a dongle. They said no help !! I would not recomend that company! Any one know how to get around the dongle? It still works for now!! Thanks
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Have you looked into cloning the Dongle
https://www.eltima.com/article/clone-usb-dongle/
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe