losing roundnes very fast, hypertherm plasma

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
stigsolbjerg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

losing roundnes very fast, hypertherm plasma

Post by stigsolbjerg »

hi there. dont know where to start,my plasma wont cut a usable hole!! cutting 10 mm-3/8 mild steal, holes 15mm-9/16, 4 holes in a square plate 300x300mm-14"x14". first one ok but after 5 it is very bad specialy on the holes, the edges are ok. The spray of molten metal when i pierce always go in the same direction, and build a smal slagg on the top of the plate. the bad holes go to the same side. i have the torch angeld against it to cut straigt at the start, but after the5 pieces it aint straight any more, cutting whit plasmacam and a hypertherm powermax 105 set at 85 amps and 85 amp consumables mounted. do you have the same issues?
stigsolbjerg
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: losing roundnes very fast, hypertherm plasma

Post by stigsolbjerg »

Hmm have a new question today, am i mowing my z-axis too fast it is set at 10m pr min, i have a powermax 105 where schould i set the the operator button in top or no 2?
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: losing roundnes very fast, hypertherm plasma

Post by jimcolt »

Send an email request to me and I will send you a presentation called "Best Practices for Hole Cutting". This will help you get dialed in better. Good quality holes are a function of: choice of consumables and power level, speed, lead in style and location, pierce height, pierce delay, cut height, condition of consumables, ability of your machine to maintain steady state cut speed. Jim Colt Hypertherm jim.colt@hypertherm.com

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”