How to change IPM on a already designed program

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
inspectweld
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

How to change IPM on a already designed program

Post by inspectweld »

We are having trouble on how to change the IPM on a finished program that we have already run, we want to keep everything the same we just want to modify the existing program, slowing down the IPM. We have the Torchmate 2 machine and running the Cad Cam LT software. We sure would appreciate some help, thanks
islander261
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: How to change IPM on a already designed program

Post by islander261 »

Hi

I have a TM2 and this is what I do.

Gcode files are just text files. So if running Windoze ( what a TM2 with the stock setup runs under).

Open file in Notepad (default text editor)
Go to Edit pull down menu and select "Replace"
In Find what dialog box enter the current feed rate (F????.??) or what ever the current feed rate is ...
In the Replace with dialog box enter the new feed rate (FXXXX.XX) or what ever precision your machine uses.
Hit the Replace all button and it will go through the file and change all instances of the find text to the replace text.
Scan the file to check for errors. If you can't read a gcode file you are SOL for doing simple manual editing.
Save the file and use it.

John
inspectweld
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by inspectweld »

Thank you very much
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by motoguy »

What do you use for THC? If you change your IPM, won't you need to change the voltage setting in your THC as well? Not if you're running a "sampling" setup, I guess. I think the Plasmacams do that. It's a fixed setting for my CandCNC controls.
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”