Did I push too far?

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Terrain Twister
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Did I push too far?

Post by Terrain Twister »

Ended up with some random and erratic cut quality issues when cutting last weekend. Did a full sheet (4'x8') of 3/16". 5-1/2 hours of the table in action. 1821 Pierces and 819'-1" of cutting. I noticed about 85-90% thru the edges looked funny on one side so I did a quick stop and found one of the air holes on the shield partially blocked but not completely. Cleaned and changed the electrode as it looked pretty pitted but left the nozzle as it still appeared usable. It appeared at the time that fixed the edge problem. I started the cutting with a good clean shield and new electrode and nozzle. Table had the water level about 1" below the cutting.

Air goes thru 3 filters and an Air Dryer and the Hypertherm showed pressure in the green the whole time.

Also appears to have lost steps at some point that I didn't notice until everything was done.

Looking for comments if I just pushed it too far or what and any advise to avoid redoing half a sheet again.

Can post pictures if needed but I have feeling I'll be told not needed and to try a few things first.

Chuck

Magnum II HD 4X8 PPLLC Table
CandCNC BladeRunner DragonCut LINUX 620-4
DTHCIV, FT-01
Hypertherm PM45
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Did I push too far?

Post by tcaudle »

Answered this same exact post on our Support forum
Terrain Twister