help with settings

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
vickiegib1
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

help with settings

Post by vickiegib1 »

could someone please help me with settings. i have a plasma cam and thermal dynamics52 cutmaster 60 amps . and cut mostly 1/8 inch steel what should the height for pierce and time spent piercing . it seams the hole is always to big and looks bad so if you could give me some settings that would be great
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: help with settings

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

Hi This is Rod from AZ If you contact Tech Support at Plasma Cam they will help you with all the setting. 719 676 2701. Good luck.
Rod S in AZ
vickiegib1
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by vickiegib1 »

ok thanks
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The best place to go for advice from other PlasmaCam owners is the Yahoo Group called plasmapig. Is is a group comprised of over 700 PlasmaCam owners....you must prove ownership of the machine to join. Very helpful group of people...and it is very likely that a few have the Thermal Dynamics plasma that you have and can help with settings.

I have a PlasmaCam DHC2 with a Hypertherm Powermax45 plasma installed....love it! Unfortunately it is a different plasma so settings will be different. I'd be happy to try to help if you would like.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
vickiegib1
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by vickiegib1 »

foe example i want to replace a couple of glass peices in my coffee table with metal and the size is 9 3/4 x 19 1/4 so how would i get this that size is there something i can type in or ?
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by mdwalker »

vickiegib1 wrote:foe example i want to replace a couple of glass peices in my coffee table with metal and the size is 9 3/4 x 19 1/4 so how would i get this that size is there something i can type in or ?
In PlasmaCam click on "Draw" then select "Rectangle". In bottom left corner of screen it will ask you to select first corner of rectangle, type in "0,0" and press enter. Don't type in quotation marks, just what I put inside quotes. When you type in 0,0 this tells PlasmaCam you want to start the rectangle at the x/y axis of 0,0 which is the bottom left corner of the table. Don't know if you are familiar with CAD programs but the x axis on PlasmaCam goes left and right and the y axis goes up and down. By typing in the x/y coordinates you can locate any point on the table. Now you want the rectangle to be 9 3/4" by 19 3/4". Let's make 9 3/4" the height. Now type in "19.75,9.75" and press enter. This tells PlasmaCam that you want to place the other corner of the rectangle 19 3/4" to the right and 9 3/4" up. Now you should have a rectangle that is 9 3/4" x 19 3/4". Don't let these instructions scare you. It is really 2 simple steps. Once you do it a couple of times it won't be a problem. Hope this helps.

Danny
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

Hi Dan
Thanks for the Tip. I am just getting started and this helps me understand some of the steps to make this machine pay for itself. I am waiting to get my controller back so that I can get it set up and working. It is still new and I found out that the controller was bad so I could not even do the setup. Go figure.
Rod S in AZ

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”