Wavy cuts

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
radicalrescue
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Wavy cuts

Post by radicalrescue »

try 45 @ 150 an use the stander tip then try slowing it down like 120 i am cures if its in the file
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

Bob grab your Z axis slide and see if it has play or wobble. The slide has bronze bushings that don't live very long but are replaceable.
noclinkers
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by noclinkers »

Thanks, I checked that initially and the cassette is tight.
noclinkers

Post by noclinkers »

radicalrescue wrote:try 45 @ 150 an use the stander tip then try slowing it down like 120 i am cures if its in the file
I will be finished putting in the bracing today. I hope that cures it, but I don't understand why it would do this all the sudden if it is bracing. The table has had no problems since I bought it new until now, I hope it is not something else I missed.
radicalrescue
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by radicalrescue »

well how are u make out on the testing
Mr Patches
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Mr Patches »

Ive had some issues with my table as well doing the same type of thing. On long cuts it has a slight wobble.... i think im going to start at the head rollers and lube and clean them all up. So far ive only done small parts so its not as noticable...
Matt70Chevy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Matt70Chevy »

how's it coming with this problem? i had the same thing start happening on my PP table and found that the sprocket had started coming loose on the motor shaft on one of my Y axis motors (long axis for me). I had started playing with acceleration constants for the motors and turned them way up, this no doubt contributed to the sprocket coming loose. pulled the motor, tightened everything back up...even went through the Z to be sure....set the constants back to the normal setting and all is well.
noclinkers

Post by noclinkers »

Sorry for not posting back sooner. TM support said I needed to stiffen up my table because I had some vibration during cuts, so I focused on that. I took out the water table frame which was independent of the CNC table and made supports that tied the two together.

Cuts are better, not perfect.

I think I am going to ditch the TM table and build my own and using their gantry and controller. I know I can build a table that will not move when cutting.

Just got a email saying my table is being discontinued and mine is less than a year old......Yay
klepzig01
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by klepzig01 »

Any chance you would call me when you have a few minutes to talk about this? I purchased a TM3 bolt together this last summer and moved it into a new shop and I now have this same problem. Wondering what you figured out. 573-351-8125.
noclinkers

Post by noclinkers »

I'll give you a call tomorrow.
noclinkers

Post by noclinkers »

https://www.8020.net/university-fastening-options
I use some of these parts to help stiffen up my table.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”