Thc 300

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Chopper
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Thc 300

Post by Chopper »

I just installed a thc 300 on my plasma table and can't get it to travel all the way down to activate the floating head switch. I can jog to it and activate the switch but when I run a part it won't go to it. I use sheetcam with Mach 3. Any ideas?
Custom Metal Fabrication
Commercial and Craft
http://bbmetalfab.com
peepers
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Thc 300

Post by peepers »

I too have a THC 300 on a home built table. I have been using it for a few years now. Getting it set up
was the hard part. What are you using as a post processor? I too use Sheet Cam and use the ref all post.
If I am not mistaken the post processor is what tells it to ref the starting point. (activate the sliding
head switch) I hope this will help out.
Chopper
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Chopper »

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. Been real busy. I ended up colling Jim at THC and I had a problem with the set up download. I got it lined out now and I am very impressed. I am trying to cut 1/8 with a 30 amp tip and having a little success. 12 ga is probably the limit. Do you cut 1/8 material? And if so have you tried a 30 amp tip? I cut metal art for the most part but do some .500 and up to an inch for my real job of fabbing red iron frames, but the plasma art is picking up some. I use a thermal dynamics cut master 101. Kinda wish I would have went with the hypertherm due to the fine cut consumables.
Custom Metal Fabrication
Commercial and Craft
http://bbmetalfab.com
peepers
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by peepers »

Its good to hear you got it up and running. I am very happy with mine. I cut 1/8" all the time. I have a Hypertherm powmermax 1000. I cut it at just under 40 amps at 91 ipm .08 cut height with fine cut consumables. Seems like the tip voltage is some where in the range of 76 or 79 volts.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”