Fine cut settings!!!!

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
benjaminparker

Fine cut settings!!!!

Post by benjaminparker » Tue May 07, 2019 6:52 pm

hi I need help with my ez cut cnc , when I wanna select fincut 45 amp sheilded 14ga to cut art it is not an option in the handheld pendant ,(that I added from multicam) if I select non shielded it don't work ,for it doesn't cut right , should I make my own 45 a shielded fine cut 14ga parameter or just get a non shielded nozzle? for cutting art and stuff like that, will non shielded be ok? what's the shield for ? will it not just come down touch the tip , or cant it use the tip for auto height? if I need parameters JIM COLT could help me out here, as for my manual it lists only 45 fincut not saying shielded or unshielded , unless it would be the same? I got a 85a powermax with a ezcut cnc 5x10 table, also maybe I could just get the latest powermax parameter file for my machine /plasma cutter . anyhow thanks if anyone can give me advice to make a nicer cut with finecut , the 45a -85a shielded works great. steve waldner I'm new I the plasma world had it for 4 months and love ithttps://solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ https://bluestacks.vip/

jimcolt
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member

Re: Fine cut settings!!!!

Post by jimcolt » Sat May 11, 2019 9:18 am

I use the specs out of the Hypertherm manual. I always use the 220948 shield as well with the Finecut process. The shield serves a few purposes, 1. it is necessary to use the shield if your EX Cut is equipped with ohmic surface sensing (to me this is necessary for accurate height control with Finecut). 2. The shield extends slightly lower than the nozzle, dramatically improving nozzle life. You keep mentioning that the process does not cut right and that you want a nicer cut......well I need better details than that if you want me to help! description of the cuts you are getting as well as good focused pictures of your cut issues. Jim Colt

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”

Easyscriber engrave attachment for Hypertherm torch's