Fine cut settings

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
waldner33
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Fine cut settings

Post by waldner33 »

hi I need help with my ez cut cnc , when I wanna select fincut 45 amp sheilded 14ga to cut art it is not an option in the handheld pendant ,(that I added from multicam) if I select non shielded it don't work ,for it doesn't cut right , should I make my own 45 a shielded fine cut 14ga parameter or just get a non shielded nozzle? for cutting art and stuff like that, will non shielded be ok? what's the shield for ? will it not just come down touch the tip , or cant it use the tip for auto height? if I need parameters JIM COLT could help me out here, as for my manual it lists only 45 fincut not saying shielded or unshielded , unless it would be the same? I got a 85a powermax with a ezcut cnc 5x10 table, also maybe I could just get the latest powermax parameter file for my machine /plasma cutter . anyhow thanks if anyone can give me advice to make a nicer cut with finecut , the 45a -85a shielded works great. steve waldner I'm new I the plasma world had it for 4 months and love it
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Fine cut settings

Post by rdj357 »

The FineCut process is a shielded process and the settings in your book are for use with the shield.
Robert Johnson
PlasmaCAM GURU & Instructor
FourNinety Creations & Learn PC, LLC
(918) 457-0289 * Robert@490Creations.com
Did I help and you want to help me out? Buy me a coffee! - Thanks!
I am not affiliated with PlasmaCAM, Inc. in any way. I offer training on their equipment and software. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them are for nominative purposes only and does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”