New Cutter

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
tznv8s
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

New Cutter

Post by tznv8s »

hey all,

so ive bought the plasma cutter ( samson 510, with a hypertherm 1650) second hand 4months old and all set up, been cutting a week n a half now and i find there is soo many things
to cut and make thats its overwhelming in what to do? so far ive decided to go down the path of specializing in mirrors, clocks and general wall hangings, my plans are to start off doing markets and party plans, also have a shop that would like to sell my art.

the finishes on the products so far have been, buffed n polished / clear coat, colour with oxy / clear coat, painted.
im looking into electroplating and finding chemicals from general stores that i can use as a patina.
with the patina so far ive found Copper Sulphate (mix with water) tho cant get an even finish on it, ive been polishing the steel, cleaning it with 35% hydrochloric acid then applying it as it with a cotton tip and wiping it straight away, it seems if you leave it too long it all just wipes off?

any thoughts or tips?

thanks
wishiwastorching
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: New Cutter

Post by wishiwastorching »

Talk to Steel F/X! He has ev everything you need and it all works! He's on here quite a bit and is easy to talk to! I just got a box of goodies from him! Welcome to the club!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”