Vegas tutorial seminar??? Let's put one together.

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
crossfab
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Vegas tutorial seminar??? Let's put one together.

Post by crossfab »

Why don't we plan a meet and greet trip. We could share ideas and processes for everyones benefits. I don't know if some of the more talented would be interested, but might be enticed. Maybe we could schedule during a large Vegas trade show.
elkriverfab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Vegas tutorial seminar??? Let's put one together.

Post by elkriverfab »

That does sound great and I could use a vacation :lol:
But........I doubt I could get away.

Not to take from your idea but I would be willing to do something like that in the south Texas area.

Maybe some of you in my area would want to get together and bang heads, tips, ideas and general how to stuff.

Might be a great way to get us garage and small shop guys together in a friendly community group.

Never hurts to have someone near to ask questions, get advice and have around if the need should arise.

Heck.........When someone asks me what I do for a living or hobby they have no idea what I am talking about half the time.

Sure would be nice to talk with people locally who are as crazy with building as I am :D

I sure like the Vegas idea though.
"OK, Now hold my beer and I'll try it"
Mountain Home
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Mountain Home »

Sounds like a good idea, but I think that PlasmaJoe's lake camp would be a better location. :D
elkriverfab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by elkriverfab »

I agree, plasmajoe's would be the best place.

I will bring some beer and fishing poles.

I hope when we get there he doesn't shut the curtains and act like he is not home. :lol:
"OK, Now hold my beer and I'll try it"
crossfab
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by crossfab »

Keep the ideas coming. We can plan a year out if needed. I might have more to contribute by then anyways. Haha!!!
Mountain Home

Post by Mountain Home »

xeroFokus wrote:Hey op, what event would we schedule during? maybe the AVNs or CES or something? lol

I'm down for Vegas or TX... But I bet Vegas has cheaper hook.... uh I mean hotels.
Texas has pretty good rates for RV hook..ups
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

crossfab wrote:Keep the ideas coming. We can plan a year out if needed. I might have more to contribute by then anyways. Haha!!!

Hey Crossfab I tried that a year ago with not much interest. :(
Rod S in AZ
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

If the forum can pull of some sort of a "Meet and Greet" get together...I'm in. I'll offer to put together a technical presentation on plasma cutting..... Jim Colt
redneckgateart
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by redneckgateart »

Sounds like fun... and I don't have a problem with Texas or Vegas. I live in Texas and my wife loves Vegas! The 2012 CES show will be Jan. 10-13. .... The 2012 Shot Show will be Jan. 17-20. Both of these conventions are "For the Trade Only"...they aren't "open to the public", although with a little imagination, you could register for either one.

Rooms get a little tight during the CES show, because attendance is about 140,000...the Shot Show draws about 45,000. I'll be at the Shot Show anyway so the January timeframe works for me.

Jim has already offered to put of a technical presentation on plasma cutting...I would gladly help with a drawing workshop using CorelDraw.

Any other ideas?
baker
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by baker »

elkriverfab wrote:That does sound great and I could use a vacation :lol:
But........I doubt I could get away.

Not to take from your idea but I would be willing to do something like that in the south Texas area.

Maybe some of you in my area would want to get together and bang heads, tips, ideas and general how to stuff.

Might be a great way to get us garage and small shop guys together in a friendly community group.

Never hurts to have someone near to ask questions, get advice and have around if the need should arise.

Heck.........When someone asks me what I do for a living or hobby they have no idea what I am talking about half the time.

Sure would be nice to talk with people locally who are as crazy with building as I am :D

I sure like the Vegas idea though.
elkriver, I would be interested in a local get together. I'm in Temple, if I remember right you are a bit south of me. Redneckgateart isn't terribly far and I'm sure plenty of others.

I also might be interested in a seminar in Vegas, especially if Jim and some other experts can present geared towards the small shop.

Travis
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmajoe »

Mountain Home wrote:Sounds like a good idea, but I think that PlasmaJoe's lake camp would be a better location. :D
You are most welcome to come to camp, one condition though, bring your own beer, and include a few extra bottles for lodging :D The air is great and the fishing is awesome!!!

Plasma Joe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Not much chance of me getting away these days but I will be happy to help promote this for you guys.

If someone who can attend is willing to help co ordinate this please PM and we can get started.
Roger_F
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Roger_F »

I think this is a great Idea! I'm a new guy to this forum and I have a lot to learn so I'm interested.

Village press does a CNC workshop in Ann Arbor MI. I've gone for the last two years. It's a great 4 day event! Great for learning and meeting people! There was virtually no Plasma presence there however, mostly mills and routers. Two ideas, one you could get in on the Village press CNC workshop as a sub group. They have secured a terrific venue at Wastenaw Community college. Or do start your own Plasma specific group perhaps looking at the CNC workshop as a model. Vegas or Texas are both fine by me! As long as the date doesn't crash with my schedule, I'm in. I'm from Connecticut so neither is close to me, but I'm no stranger at the airport. With some luck I could even tie it into a business trip I'm frequently in Texas. One thing Village Press did well (one of many) is they arranged discounted hotel deals and also arraigned for lower cost options like using the local university dorm and some camping. I have no problem springing for a hotel, but to maximize attendance we need low cost options as there are many both Fixed & Broken income folks out there.
ob505
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ob505 »

I would diffenatley be in on that trip. I would love to be able and meet with others and gain a better understanding on the running and use of the machines and also what sells and what others are doing for markiting in thier area. On tthat subject anyone out there in the central Florida area? Would like to get together and share ideas etc... if nothing else go out on a nice airboat ride.......GH

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”