How is business right now for you sign makers?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

How is business right now for you sign makers?

Post by bigcreek »

I am asking this question because we have been selling for 15 years now. The first 3 years were slowish as we were just getting into it and trying to figure it out and find out place so to speak. The last 12 years we have sold a ton of stuff every single year, every year, for the last 12 years. For the last several years we would have anywhere from 50 to over 400 customer emails at one time waiting to be replied to. Again it has been like that for the last 12 years. However things have slowed considerably within the last 4 to 6 months. Especially the last couple months. When I say considerably I am talking like a 90% or maybe 95% or so decline in sales. That is huge when you have 12 solid years then that much of a decline in a matter of several months. We are still staying busy but not crazy busy like we are used to. This time of year is normally the busy time to so we are not sure what to think. Most of our sales come from our website. Has anyone else noticed sales cooling off or are all you folks trucking right along busy as ever? Our website was hacked about 6 months ago and just a week ago my web host person looked over it and found a person from Russia had hacked into our email and got their email into the forwarder so all emails coming to me were being forwarded to them. We dont do card info over email, luckily. So we arent sure if something is up with the website, the email, or if it just the economy, or something else entirely??
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: How is business right now for you sign makers?

Post by adbuch »

I'd be interested to see your website - perhaps some ideas or suggestions might come to mind. I have my own website linked to below.
David
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

Sweet cars adbuch. Our website is www.bigcreekmetalworks.com.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Nice website! Very professional looking. Sorry your email was hacked. Perhaps that is what is slowing your sales. Hopefully your tech guy can get it sorted out and harden it up a bit.
David
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

You're not alone, I noticed the typical summer slow down was slower than normal and then when it should have started to get busy again it only picked up a little bit. The world is in turmoil right now and cost of living is through the roof so that doesn't help. That combined with your email issue is likely your situation. It's a drag but keep on pushing and hopefully things will heal up and business will pick up. Your site looks great and is indexed on both Google and Bing so not much more you can do there.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

Thanks guys I appreciate it. Im not too worried about not having work period, I just dont see that happening. It was just really weird how drastic of a decrease it was in such a short period of time so wasnt sure if it was just my web sites/emails situation or if others were seeing any decline also with their sales due to inflation and people pinching their pennies a bit more. I dont know. Will see what happens. I am grateful for the orders we have which are enough really, I am just used to all the excess. (:

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”