Lightning CNC Plasma table

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
TNOregon
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Lightning CNC Plasma table

Post by TNOregon »

Hello all,
I have a line on a really cheap 5x10 Lightning CNC brand water table with a thermal dynamics cut master 81 plasma. Mach 3 software and it appears to have THC wired in. The current owner has not run it but I guess the previous and original owner used it for light hobby stuff.

Just wondering if it is worth time and a bit of money to get running?. I’ve seen a few really bad reviews.

I but together a kit Cnc router and have hobby level Cnc experience and welding cutting knowledge. I’m not scared of the learning curve but don’t want to take up valuable shop space with a possible pile of scrap metal.

Thank you for any advice!!!!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Lightning CNC Plasma table

Post by acourtjester »

Bad reviews normally mean run away, it may be worth something if the parts can be reused in a rebuild. But it sounds like 2 owners and they sold it for a reason, not promising. Some THC are not worth the trouble.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

This is one I have not heard of before. They seem to have no website and it looks to be sold out of China as shown on their Twitter page. I don't expect there would be any technical support here in the US. If you can get it dirt cheap and plan on rebuilding and/or using for parts - then go for it. Otherwise I would steer clear. Perhaps post some photos and the asking price so we can have a look.
David
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

I don't have any experience with them however it sounds like its been around the block with not much use on it. This leads me to believe everyone is having issues and combine that with bad reviews I would steer clear.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”