Hello friends, I have a problem please help

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Plasmamehdi
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello friends, I have a problem please help

Post by Plasmamehdi »

I have a cnc plasma with a hypertherm powermax 45xp. I design with artcam 2008 + sheetcam. The problem is that the cutting device does not complete the torch to the end of the line, given that the consumables are new. Thank you :Sad :Love
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello friends, I have a problem please help

Post by adbuch »

Please show us some photos of your parts with the incomplete cuts. It would also be good to share your dxf cut program so we can take a look.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Are you talking about a single line or a shape that it does not complete. If the shape then you may not have a closed loop, the machine will follow what the G-code give it. Simple check is in SheetCam see if you can move the starting point for the cut. With a closed loop it will move to where ever you want. If it is an open shape, the start will not move.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:05 pm Are you talking about a single line or a shape that it does not complete. If the shape then you may not have a closed loop, the machine will follow what the G-code give it. Simple check is in SheetCam see if you can move the starting point for the cut. With a closed loop it will move to where ever you want. If it is an open shape, the start will not move.
:Like :Like :Like
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Check to make sure that the machine is not beginning to move before the torch fires. It might not be that the torch is not completing the cut. It may be that the torch starts moving before it fires, which would leave a tab at the starting point although the torch would cut to the end of the path at the finish.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Plasmamehdi
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Plasmamehdi »

acourtjester wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:05 pm Are you talking about a single line or a shape that it does not complete. If the shape then you may not have a closed loop, the machine will follow what the G-code give it. Simple check is in SheetCam see if you can move the starting point for the cut. With a closed loop it will move to where ever you want. If it is an open shape, the start will not move.

Hello brother, thank you for the information. I'm talking about the shape is not complete during the cutting process. I will do what you said on the sheetcam program by moving the starting points. Thank you
Plasmamehdi
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Plasmamehdi »

:Yay
Plasmamehdi wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:47 pm

Hello brother, thank you for the information. I'm talking about the shape is not complete during the cutting process. I will do what you said on the sheetcam program by moving the starting points. Thank you

:Love :Yay :Like
Plasmamehdi
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Plasmamehdi »

adbuch wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:20 pm Please show us some photos of your parts with the incomplete cuts. It would also be good to share your dxf cut program so we can take a look.
David
Nice question. I'm using mach3 extract G_code with sheetcam. The problem is during the process of cutting a shape, the torch begins to cut and the line is not completed until the end of the shape. Tomorrow I will send pictures and a video Thank you David :Like
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Plasmamehdi wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:12 pm
adbuch wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:20 pm Please show us some photos of your parts with the incomplete cuts. It would also be good to share your dxf cut program so we can take a look.
David
Nice question. I'm using mach3 extract G_code with sheetcam. The problem is during the process of cutting a shape, the torch begins to cut and the line is not completed until the end of the shape. Tomorrow I will send pictures and a video Thank you David :Like
You are quite welcome! I will look forward to seeing your pictures.
David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”