Ohmic sensor

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Ossy169169
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Ohmic sensor

Post by Ossy169169 »

Hello gents,

I am thinking of installing an Ohmic sensor on my home built CNC plasma table. Can anyone recommend a simple unit that is compatible with the Pokeys57CNC board?

I have been searching the internet but only seem to come up with the OS3T-01: Ohmic Sensor. Does anyone have any experience with this unit and or other units that I could easily install myself?

Thanks in advance.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Ohmic sensor

Post by acourtjester »

I have use a simple relay module as the one shown here, they have different voltages also.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133842145817?h ... Swfy9hDlGG
With the module you can select a high or low input, I used the low input to trigger. The input is between (table/material) ground and the torch tip. I do get an occasional trip due to the water getting on the torch from my water table. I just dry it off and continue on with the cutting operation. I does work perfectly on my table when being used as a router for setting bit height. Here is where I posted info about this sometime back Do realize you will need to use the G31 command (probe input) setup in the post processor for it to look for the probe/ohmic sensor.
viewtopic.php?f=89&t=31588&p=192125&hil ... or#p192125
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”