New WarpRunner

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

New WarpRunner

Post by svieau »

Just installed the new WaspRunner board. The new WarpRunner requires a board for input and output wiring, so I also have a C79 board with a ribbon to my ESS. This is the problem that I am having. I will load my Mach4 program then I try to jog my torch like my Z axis in the + direction ant my Y motor is also moving. I have checked my wiring more then a few times, nothing cross or grounded. Yesterday after rechecking my wiring I turned my Mach4 on just after the program loaded my Z- axes moved all the way to the end and continue to turn. All I could is try to close the program but whit I did was pull the power to the C79 board and it stopped. All my wiring to my home is connected to it but will not work or stop. It will show up on my Mach4 program but will not shutdown. I can disconnect the ribbon from C79 and can jog the motors all around with no problem. I started to disconnect one wire at a time from C79 board and it seams that my wires to Z axes for home, torch breakaway and e-stop. I have changed all the wires to my Z axes, with the e-stop and still have same problem. I have setup all my pins in Mach4 as per the instructions for WarpRunner. This is as far as I have gotten waiting for a fix before going any more. Could this be programing or is there something with my wiring hookup. Only thing connected to the WarpRunner is my motors and plasma wiring. I have included my wiring pictures.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New WarpRunner

Post by acourtjester »

The first problem may have been you had Mach with the Z and Y motors slaved together, meaning one signal drives 2 motors. This is how an axis with 2 motors is setup, one moves opposite because it's on the other side of the table. Now pulling the plug to shut it down may have blown the firmware on the board, if it has one. Pulling the plug may seem like the thing to do at the time but it can cause problems after.
Hopefully there is a member here with experience with a WarpRunner controller that may help.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

Thanks for the help. I checked my programs on the motors and it seams to be right. What I did today is disconnect all the wiring to the C79 board and could jog my motors all over with no trouble. I connected some of the wiring to the board and my Y axes the motors was fighting with each other. Nothing was working. I don't know if this board has firmware but that was the only thing I could have done. Thanks again.

Steve
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

You do know with dual Y motors they should be setup reverse to each other. If you look at the motors they face each other and this is why one is mirrowed to the other. This can be done with the software or switching the output of one driver, like switching A+ with A- (or it may be B+ and B-). I would look for the software switching first, many time just a check. I'm not saying you did blow something but there is that postablity.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

I do know about the motors on each side. I did have my table working at one time but couldn't get my Pricecnc THC to work with Mach4. So I changed my controller to TMC3in1 when I ordered it Ward9 was not making any more of then so I waited for them to build me the new WarpRunner. There is some difference between the two of them. They don't have enough inputs to complete my setup so I also had to order the C79 board. When I said I had my table working I didn't do any cutting I wanted to make sure that everything worked before burning steel. This is a DIY table and the only hang-up that I have is getting the programs to work. Thank you for the help.
Steve
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

I think I got it to work. All I did was change the +5 volts that feed my pins to a com. I have no way to check because I have another problem, I can't get my motors to move. The ESS is communicating with the WarpRunner and the DRO in Mach4 is showing that they are moving but the motors are not. I went through my config of my pins and that's all correct. I know it something simple but I just gave up. Hoping someone has an answer, Thanks.
Steve
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I know Mach 3 the DRO would show movement but the motor were not moving, that is because there is not feed back from the motors.
I only worked with Mach 4 once so not sure but with 3 you have to have the outputs enabled and pins set for the motors correctly. Mach 4 appears differently that 3. Did you enable the plug in for your communication with the other boards. I have 13 short videos I generated for Mach 4 I can send them to you via the Google drive if you want. I watched one and it said it you are in the plugin section you much disable the simulator (red) check or the motors will not turn.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
jmdjunker
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jmdjunker »

@svieau

Did you get your warprunner working? If so how do you like it?

Thanks
Josh
svieau
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by svieau »

I have a new issue with my WarpRunner board, it is the arc OK. When starting a pattern on my table the torch will go to the start fire the torch off but dose not move. The Arc OK dose not come on to make it move. Now if I change my active low to active high the arc ok is always on and if I start the pattern it will complete it. How can I change that. I have my wiring connected to the WarpRunner board pin #7 and 8 on J7 Arc OK.
Thanks, Steve
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Again I cannot speak to your exact board, but most softwares you can state which signal to use. It may be a simple as a checkbox associated with the Arc OK signal. Box check for one or unchecked for the other.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

svieau wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:30 pm I have a new issue with my WarpRunner board, it is the arc OK. When starting a pattern on my table the torch will go to the start fire the torch off but dose not move. The Arc OK dose not come on to make it move. Now if I change my active low to active high the arc ok is always on and if I start the pattern it will complete it. How can I change that. I have my wiring connected to the WarpRunner board pin #7 and 8 on J7 Arc OK.
Thanks, Steve
This topic is almost a year old, I assume you have had it working at some point within that year. Have you had it functioning with ArcOK working and this problem just started?

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”