Moving Table?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
talonwelding&fabrication
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Moving Table?

Post by talonwelding&fabrication »

Hello, First time poster! We have a 5x10 STV table in our shop, which will be merging with another local shop. We received the table in pieces and have only had it here. That being said we have to relocate it to it's new home, and are wondering how other people have transported theirs? We would like to transport in one piece- for obvious ease of time and taking apart, however- we are worried about lifting and tweaking one of the axis tracks, or tweaking anything else in general (being 5x10 I personally think its a little big for the forks to properly hold). Anyone have any good ways they've moved theirs, such as only partly disassembling, or anything to look out for? Or anyone move theirs in one piece and everything continued to work/cut perfectly fine? Thank you for any advice will be appreciated!
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Moving Table?

Post by weldguy »

Not familiar with your brand of table but if it has a tubular frame I imagine that you can just pick it up from the long side and move it in 1 piece. Once at the new location a little time to level it and be sure all axis are working smooth should be all it takes to be back up and running in the new location. Good luck with your move :Like
talonwelding&fabrication
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by talonwelding&fabrication »

Thank you! will see what we can come up with.
Blackslacks
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Blackslacks »

You could build a spreader bar and pick it at six or more points
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Or put it on temporary wheels or large casters and just roll it up onto your trailer. I used to do the same with large car bodies I was loading to take to the sand blaster.
David
body on casters.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”