Fine consumables

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Graub
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Fine consumables

Post by Graub »

Does hypertherm manufacture fine cut consumables for the pm65?
jmersereau
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Fine consumables

Post by jmersereau »

Yes, from the Owners Manual...
FineCutChart.JPG
and
Low Speed Feeds and Speeds.JPG
Feeds and Speeds.JPG
https://smile.amazon.com/Hypertherm-Pow ... 188&sr=8-5
-
Jim
PrimeWeld CUT60
Langmuir CrossFire Pro
LightBurn, SheetCAM, FireControl
YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS MIG
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Graub wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:45 pm Does hypertherm manufacture fine cut consumables for the pm65?
Yes. The FineCuts work great on 10 ga. and thinner. They allow for more precise cutting of detailed parts with narrower kerf width and less heat into the part - so less warping. I use the FineCuts with my 45xp and 85 on anything 10 ga. and under.
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

If you have the ability to adjust your corner acceleration, then I would recommend using the settings in the Hypertherm Powermax 65/85 FineCut MIld Steel cut chart shown below.
For example, I have found that cutting 14 ga. mild steel and about 190 ipm with corner acceleration set to around 0.03 to 0.05 G works well. Reducing the corner acceleration to these values will slow the cut speed around tight corners (for example fine details in an artistic piece) but run at full speed on the longer straight portions of the cut path. This has the advantage of better detail, less low speed dross, and less heat input into the part resulting in less warping.

If a corner acceleration of 0.2 G or higher is used, then the plasma table will have a very jerky motion around corners and fine details (any time it changes direction). This will result in very poor details in the cut.
FineCut Mild Steel Cut Chart.jpg
If you can't adjust your corner acceleration, then use the Low Speed FineCut Mild Steel cut chart shown below. This will result in a smoother cutting operation, but will put more heat into the part. Expect more warping on thinner material and more low speed dross when using these settings.

David
Low Speed FineCut Mild Steel Cut Chart.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”