TORCH RISING AT START OF CUT, NO PLASMA ARC

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
sweven
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

TORCH RISING AT START OF CUT, NO PLASMA ARC

Post by sweven »

I am running a 5'x10' trucut series one running mach 3 on a hypertherm 105A
Recently Ive been having the issue of the torch raising almost 2 inches at the start of the cut to the point where the torch wont light the plasma (I have the voltage set to what the cut charts recommend and have it grounded), Ive tried everything I can think of to try and stop the torch from raising including trying to run with the THC on and off (on the voltage box and mach) but the issue still persists. Around the same time I had issues with sheetcam basically resetting all of the preset options (including the tools which I had to reset the options on) and I had the issue of the torch not turning on at all until i switched the post processor from mach 3 to mach 3 plasma in the machine setting, but I have no clue if this or the tools setting being redone by me could cause my issues with the torch diving up but I have suspected it because I was able to cut out a part using shape wizard on mach 3 perfectly fine before trying to use the file i used sheetcam to make where i started to have the issue of the torch raising.
I have attached pictures with the g code I am running as well as the diagnosicts page before the cut (nice and zeroed out) and after the 'cut' (where the torch raises almost 2 inches and plasma fails to light) incase it helps

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Blackslacks
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: TORCH RISING AT START OF CUT, NO PLASMA ARC

Post by Blackslacks »

I don't think you are using the correct post. What you probably want is Mach3 plasma.scpost. You're using Mach3.scpost. In sheetcam go to options-machine-post processor. Select Mach3 plasma, Then hit edit post. You will see the three options. Try the Mach3 plasma scpost or the Mach3 with THC option. Maybe one of those will work for you.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

BlackSlacks is correct the post you are using does not work for Plasma, I use that one for vinyl cutting due to no torch fire command (M3).
As to the tools settings when you have them setup do the save toolset (under file) and give it a name of your choice. That way if you feel a change has been made you have yours to reload.
Both images of the diagnostic page shows a led lit for M3 home, this maybe after the Z moved to home position when you clicked the image.
A z place.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
sweven
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by sweven »

Blackslacks wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:01 pm I don't think you are using the correct post. What you probably want is Mach3 plasma.scpost. You're using Mach3.scpost. In sheetcam go to options-machine-post processor. Select Mach3 plasma, Then hit edit post. You will see the three options. Try the Mach3 plasma scpost or the Mach3 with THC option. Maybe one of those will work for you.
I think youre right about me using the wrong post processor, but when I go to edit post for the mach3 plasma there are no options to select from and just shows the code for the Mach3plasma.scpost. Ill try to switch which mach 3 post processor im using until i can find one that works and hopefully that will fix my issues I've been having, the desktop I'm using had all the sheetcam settings done from the previous owner before it got reset randomly so Ive been slowly working through everything i needed to setup so hopefully finding the right post processor fixes my issues

I ended up using the TruCutCNC_Rev8A as my post processor and all of my issues disappeared, thank you for the advice it helped a lot especially since Ive been teaching myself how to use everything for almost 2 years now and still manage find something that stumps me completely every now and then :HaHa

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”