Confused Customer

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Fuzed
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Confused Customer

Post by Fuzed »

Hey Folks!

I purchased my first plasma table about 18 years ago. I have used it to death...literally. I am shopping for a new table and have found that since my purchase of a Plasmacam, there are too many now to chose from. I am hoping that some of you technical experts can point me to the best couple options out there. I enjoyed my Pcam, but am ready for a different system that has adapted a bit better to current computer technology... no more printer cable. Here is what I am looking for;

Excellent control with small cuts - my customers keep pushing me into smaller, more intricate designs. I use fine cut nozzles with a 45Xp
Water table - tired of chasing sheet warp with detailed shape cuts
Plasmacam " like" cutting software - I can design everything in other software, but will miss the cutting interface software that I've been using so long.
Price around 10-12k

So far I am leaning toward: Arclight Dynamics, or STV CNC, but I know there are tons out there. Just hoping someone with current knowledge has the time and willingness to address my question.

Thank you.
Imagine it...Design it...Burn it...Sell it.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Confused Customer

Post by adbuch »

I wouldn't get hung up on the "computer cable". I don't think you can beat the combination of the DHC2/ Design Edge with Advanced Design/Advanced Machine Control/Advanced Height Control coupled with your 45xp with the FineCut consumables for ease of use cutting those intricate detailed parts.

By the way, did replacing your keypad on your controller solve your previous problem with your DHC? We never heard back from you.

David

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=31243&p=189897#p189897
Fuzed
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Fuzed »

Thank you David. Unfortunately there are some other non-technical issues that have me looking elsewhere. I agree, Pcam is a great set up. I have used my friend's new system and am impressed. I appreciate your input.
Imagine it...Design it...Burn it...Sell it.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

I have a 6x12 Arclight Dynamics table now. I had a a Plasmacam 4x4 and their sampson table as well. I really like their software and although I dont use their tables anymore I still use their software for drawing and export as dxf to cut on my Arclight table. I absolutely love the beefier table, Plasmacam has great software but their tables are seriously lacking in the stoutness department. I have nothing but great things to say about ArcLight Dynamics. Everything about the table is awesome and same with the customer support.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”