Scrap is up.

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Scrap is up.

Post by cstroke »

I have 1500-2000lbs of stainless that needs to go for scrap. Not counting some that I've been saving because I dont want to junk it. It consists of many pieces that are 6" wide x 96 and longer of 3/16" 304 stainless steel many pieces 10" wide by full length.
I'd rather make something to sell out of this but I'm not sure its worth it, anyone have any suggestions on what I can make with it instead of junking it????
Scrap prices are up so now is time to clean up if you have the time. Stainless here is .50/lb.
Any thoughts??
Thanks in advance
Chris
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Scrap is up.

Post by plasmanewbie »

Cut that into 2" wide strips and it makes awesome permanent garden/lawn edging. I hammer .500" rod in the ground around the perimeter of the garden and then wrap the stainless around the rods and tack in place. The rods are particularly helpful if your edging an area that has curves. Run a cordless grinder across the top to clean it up and radius any corners where it starts and stops. I certainly wouldn't scrap it, that will be the day a job comes in that you could have used it for!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”