Plasma cutter stopping in middle of Cut

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Lilblue08
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Plasma cutter stopping in middle of Cut

Post by Lilblue08 »

I’m having an issue when cutting in Mach 3. My plasma cutter will be doing fine then all of a sudden stop in the middle of a cut and keep the torch on. I’m using ink scape to create my DXF file (newest version) I’m wondering if this is the issue. Anyone had same experience?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plasma cutter stopping in middle of Cut

Post by adbuch »

Assuming you are getting a good dxf file from you Inkscape export, I would think this is more of a problem with either your post processor (convert dxf to cut file) or some issue or setting with Mach3.
David
Lilblue08
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Lilblue08 »

Thank you, I just upgraded my computer so there could be a few variables I suppose. However I just started running the the newest ink scape program I had the oldest version before and never had a problem. But I will check into the mach three program also. When saving a file DXF file and inscape it gives me a R 12 and our 14 option, I’ve never had that option before. Ive now been saving as a R14 option, not sure if that has anything to do with anything.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

I doubt that Inkscape is the issue. My guess is that another Windows process is taking precedence over Mach and stalling your motion control. Try removing any antivirus and get the pc off the internet if its connected. If that doesn't work press Ctr-Alt-Del and open the Task Manager and view running processes while your cutting and try to find a process that starts up or begins using a lot of CPU the moment when your machine stops cutting. Find out what that process is named and we can go from there.
Lilblue08
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Lilblue08 »

Oh that’s a good point, I never thought about that. Thank you for that suggestion!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”