Best thc

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Leeroy6392
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Best thc

Post by Leeroy6392 »

In your opinions what is the best/ most user friendly thc? I have been looking into thc3in1, proma, minithc, robot 3t and xpthc. Minithc is currently unavailable which was what I was leaning towards. I see most are pretty cheap but I worry about “getting what I pay for” especially since I just spent 400 on a new z axis with a floating head.
This Is what I would consider a hobby machine being turned into a full production table. Currently running Mach 3 looking into Mach 4/ m4 industrial, Linux and flash cut software upgrades.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Best thc

Post by robertspark »

no thc (separate) required with linuxcnc as it is largely integrated and uses a simple $70 PCB (thcad) ...

also it will probably work out cheaper than buying the thc alone....

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/pla ... asmac.html

don't waste your money on mach4 as it can be problematic dependant upon the motion controller you end up buying. TMC3in1 requires the warp9 ethernet smooth stepper, and development or the ESS is anything but warp speed.
Leeroy6392
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Leeroy6392 »

What do you know about the centroid acorn board I have seen a lot of positive reviews but on the technical side I’m trying to reading Latin. That’s also why I’m hesitant on Linux it sounds a bit more technical and Mach had me spoiled to easy lol ( minus issues).

I’m not looking to save a ton of money if I had to spend 2-3k get a good reliable machine I would be happy so I guess o should say that? What would y’all do if that were the scenario? I’m a small fan shop but work with big suppliers so I can easily justify that and it’s part of how I make my money full time now so I don’t want to mess around.

Thanks again
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

I posted my centroid point of view here:

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=32145#p195602

there in lies the problem.... time is money.... especially if that is how you earn your money. downtime and learning a new operating system. (CandCNC runs on linuxcnc, not sure what flash cut runs on)

CandCNC and flash cut will probably sell you a package and support its install and get you up and running.

I'd suggest asking on here, linuxcnc and CNC zone forums about support and if anyone has binned their hardware and why.
c_rossman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by c_rossman »

I have had a PriceCNC AVHC10 now for about a year. Its been amazing, but have nothing to compare it too. Setup is a breeze. I am using Mach3 and ethernet smooth stepper.
FabLab
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by FabLab »

I have a PriceCNC AVHC10 and am very happy with it, I have used it with Mach3 and currently a Masso.
I would agree with c_rossman setup is easy both on Mach3 and Masso
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

I am not sure if the price avhc is no longer being made. it was sold , but I am not sure if it is back on the market yet? seems it is available
https://xtremeplasma.ecwid.com/Pricecnc ... p236772120
Leeroy6392
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Leeroy6392 »

Out with the old in with the new on the torch Holder/ floating head! Now if I can just make up my mind on the thc and software.

image.jpg
E9C70C5C-0319-40DE-A9E0-4B1E78880CFA.jpeg
1A78B24C-FF35-4B85-A846-F4248866336E.jpeg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Nice! Sweet looking upgrade. Is that C&CNC lifter?
Leeroy6392
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Leeroy6392 »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Plasma-Tab ... 890.l49292
I didn’t see that one on there till after I bought this one. I have been looking at their software packs they seem reasonable I just don’t need another computer. What setup are you running for software? I have heard Linux is the way to go but I for some reason just don’t want to go that way.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Ah, right on, looks nice and a lot like the C&CNC lifter. I am currently running and older Mach3 setup but have been tossing around the idea of trying something else more current. Linux is interesting me however the complexity I perceive is keeping me from pulling the trigger as I know nothing about Linux and it looks daunting to install and setup. A few guys here make it sound super easy but most things are easy when you know how, I looked into it briefly and lost interest pretty quick at that time. C&CNC software is Linux based but they have it all sorted out so you don't have to deal with the Linux install and setup on the PC which is really nice. Kinda of plug and play and with support.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

QtPlasmaC and PlasmaC have changed things a bit

there is some setup and install but it is a LOT easier than it was before

Leeroy6392
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Leeroy6392 »

weldguy wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:39 am Ah, right on, looks nice and a lot like the C&CNC lifter. I am currently running and older Mach3 setup but have been tossing around the idea of trying something else more current. Linux is interesting me however the complexity I perceive is keeping me from pulling the trigger as I know nothing about Linux and it looks daunting to install and setup. A few guys here make it sound super easy but most things are easy when you know how, I looked into it briefly and lost interest pretty quick at that time. C&CNC software is Linux based but they have it all sorted out so you don't have to deal with the Linux install and setup on the PC which is really nice. Kinda of plug and play and with support.
I agree completely I have went back and forth on it 100 times but I have made up my mind I’m gonna play with this 6x12 table for a couple of months more. The software on Linux is cheap enough to try but I’m gonna set up a different test for it. if work keeps up like this I am just going to build my “dream table” of 8x 15-20 for larger jobs and go all in with better rails servo motors and what ever software I can become happy with. Oh ya and the pipe cutter on the side!!! That could save me a ton some of the jobs I have been getting here lately.
rrossetti
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by rrossetti »

https://xtremeplasma.ecwid.com/Pricecnc ... p236772120

in stock and ready to ship world wide

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”