Logic trace

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Twistedmetalworks
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Logic trace

Post by Twistedmetalworks »

Looking for input on accuracy importance. I'm looking at get the logic trace system. There are 2 accuracy options. .01 and .005. My question is will the .005 with the added cost of $700 be worth it when cutting with plasma, or would that accuracy be more geared to laser cutting.

Thanks
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Logic trace

Post by djreiswig »

I don't think you'll notice the difference. Plasma isn't that precise.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I own several of the Calcomp digitizing tablets that I use with the Logic Trace 2018 software package. The Logic Trace software converts a manual tracing directly to dxf format. Your ultimate accuracy will be dictated by your ability to manually trace along a line or curve, and you will be lucky if you can get a manual trace within the 0.010" (or 0.005") accuracy of the digitizing board. All of my Calcomp digitizing boards are the 0.010" option, and they are more than adequate for the intended use. I would not recommend spending any additional money on the 0.005" accuracy version. By the way, this accuracy spec is for the digitizing board/tablet, and not the Logic Trace software. You are welcome to PM me for more details and my contact information if you would like a full review of this system.
David
Twistedmetalworks
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Twistedmetalworks »

Thank u to both of you. I didn't think it would be a problem with the .01 tablet. David I would be interested in a review and opinion. To me it looks well worth the $ to be able to go from patterns to dxf and cut ready vs needing to build in fusion 360. My use will be mostly for prototyping off road parts.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Twistedmetalworks wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:14 pm Thank u to both of you. I didn't think it would be a problem with the .01 tablet. David I would be interested in a review and opinion. To me it looks well worth the $ to be able to go from patterns to dxf and cut ready vs needing to build in fusion 360. My use will be mostly for prototyping off road parts.

Email me at desert.hybrids@cox.net with your contact information and phone number and I will give you a call.
Thanks,
David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”