INPUT ON A NEW TABLE CHOICE.

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Cameronj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

INPUT ON A NEW TABLE CHOICE.

Post by Cameronj »

Please give me your opinion on two machines and why if you were buying next week.
STV CNC PRO SERIES SPARX 4800
OR
CUTTING EDGE PLASMA I PLASMA HD PRO SERIES 4X8

LASTLY WOULD U SPEND THE EXTRA FOR A 5X10? IS THE INCREASE IN METAL COST AND THE MACHINE COST A BETTER SAVINGS AT THE END?
OR JUST TAKES UP MORE ROOM AND SHEETS ARE HARDER HANDLE TO HANDLE?
THANX
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: INPUT ON A NEW TABLE CHOICE.

Post by weldguy »

I have no experience or knowledge on either of those machines, I assume they are fairly new to the market. I would prefer to go with a brand that's been around for 10 years or more to have confidence in the service and support for the future.

As for the 5x10 I wouldn't go with it unless you need that 5' width to cut your stuff otherwise its just taking up more floor space. I had a 5x10 for years and the larger capacity was never needed, just a waste of space and my downdraft fan didn't work as well with all that open space around the 4x8 sheet.

Best of luck in your search for the ideal machine :Like
kyeakel
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by kyeakel »

I don’t have the Stv pro but do have the stv4800. I know some people will disagree with me but I had a plasmacam prior to this (which I hated), I love the stv4800. All software is included, updates are free and the thing just works. Their support is top notch, relatively immediate responses. I know nothing about the other machine, but think you can’t go wrong with the STV offering.
Kipp
Cameronj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Cameronj »

Thanks Kipp for your input. I run my machine 40 hours a week (a 7 day week) lol. I want something that runs all the time, maintenance is reasonable and im not always having some fluke stop me for days or sometimes weeks because of no support. My machine is constantly needing to be re aligned set up homed adjusted etc, it drives me nuts! Thanx again
Cameronj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Cameronj »

Weld Guy Thankyou I beleive i have decide to stick to a 4x8 like i have now. Unfortunately the 20k tables arent in my budget but there seem to be several that can hold there own for virtually 1/2 or slightly more so im shopping with a beer budget. lol
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

kyeakel wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:50 pm I don’t have the Stv pro but do have the stv4800. I know some people will disagree with me but I had a plasmacam prior to this (which I hated), I love the stv4800. All software is included, updates are free and the thing just works. Their support is top notch, relatively immediate responses. I know nothing about the other machine, but think you can’t go wrong with the STV offering.
Kipp
Each to his own.
David
SRdesign
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SRdesign »

I don’t have any experience with either. Looks like they both operate on myplasm. Also looks like STV doesn’t have any gear reduction, cutting edge has belt gear reduction and planetary gear reduction options. I believe your decision is between gear reduction or no gear reduction. I say this just looking at the difference between the tables, not the companies.
My 4x8 Build
DIY 4x8
C&CNC Bladerunner G5
Hypertherm PM85

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”