Pumotix imports 5mm holes wrong

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
EduardCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Pumotix imports 5mm holes wrong

Post by EduardCNC »

Hello, first post here and kind of a beginner in working with CNC, just starting some courses. Last night tried to load into the program a part measuring 1858x1128mm that had some 5mm holes for fixing purposes. I managed to work out the nesting program, which is a Spanish one called MAC, to be as precise as possible, yet every time with every setting i would uplode the nc into pumotix ( the cnc soft) it gets the sheet 1860x1130 and the holes displayed as hexagons of 6mm, also messing up the entrance and exists. Is this a CAM issue between the CAD file and the nesting program or is it the way the machine reads the nc? I should add that this happens to the 5mm or less holes only with bigger parts. I am using a 45A Shielded Powemax as my beam generator.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Pumotix imports 5mm holes wrong

Post by adbuch »

Hi Edward,
Perhaps you could upload your dxf file so we can take a look at it. Is there a scaling setting in your program (or nesting program)?
Thanks,
David
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

could it be the kerf offset of the inside and outside cuts on the cut path.

what does it actually cut like?

http://pumotix.com/
looks interesting, it runs on some good hardware, from pure logic, about 6 years ago they were quite widely available and ran on mach3 but it's great to see them with their own software. the modular pricing structure is interesting
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

This may not help your problem but give another way to view the NC file for a look see. There is a free program called CAMotics which will give you a visual display you can rotate all around to look at the file from different angle. Just for a look only
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
EduardCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by EduardCNC »

Hi, thank you so much for the quick answers. Unfortunately, it is not the dxf file, because I tried to replicate my part using the CAD soft integrated in the soft that also does the CAM-NC and the results were similar. The kerf offset is also calculated automatically by the program ( for example for Hypertherm 45A shielded the offset is by default set to 1.5 mm). I did try to use a finecut nozzle that was kind of low quality, and ever since every nc i try to import into the pumotix soft looks and behaves the same as the part that gave me trouble ( entries and exists that damage the shape) Once I gen to my workshop I’ll get some footage of the way the nc is read and how the machine cuts
EduardCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by EduardCNC »

Update, finally fixed the whole thing. Had to replace the fine cut nozzle with an older standard 45A. The issue is that the soft which i use for nesting and cam contains incorrect parameters when given the option to work with FineCut ( i ve had a lot of issues with the developer of the soft even before this ) thus messing up everything. I ve reverted to some older parameters and it works just fine. Thanks everybody for the advice, hope I can be useful someday around here :)
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Very good with many thing stepping back and looking at a bigger picture helps.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Hi Edward,
Glad to hear you've solved your problem!
David
Purelogic R&D
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Purelogic R&D »

Hello,
We are the developers of the CNC software Pumotix.
Regarding the topic, please see the information and pictures below.
The effect of displaying the small holes as hexagons is just visual optimization. It doesn't influence real cutting quality.
To configure visualization quality level please go to Configuration -> Settings -> System and set Visualization quality to High. These options may be familiar to you from another graphics/games software.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Purelogic R&D
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Purelogic R&D »

Also, if you want to know more about our software, you can visit our website in English pumotix.com
Having questions, please feel free to ask us here or by our e-mail.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”