purchase of wright cnc

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: purchase of wright cnc

Post by EverydayDiesel »

I opened up a dispute last week
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

I agree - something just doesn't seem right here.
David
Its not right, not right at all for a company to do this but there is no proof like ACTUALLY doing it so go order one, wait 7 days and then cancel it and find out for yourself. You will be promised a 100% refund but come refund time it wont happen.

Good news is, time will tell. Ive moved on and wont ever do business with them again. Eventually it will all come out in the wash.
LS_Eric
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by LS_Eric »

Hi everyone I am an employee at Langmuir Systems so I can help clear up any questions. I just want to correct some errors on our part in response to our refund policy. Our rep that mentioned a 60-day cancellation window was incorrect. Any cancellations, regardless of how old, are subject to the 2.4% transaction fee, as stated on our terms and conditions page found here:

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/faq#collapse15

The reason that we charge this fee is because we use a third party credit card company that process the transactions and guarantees that all payments made through our online store are fully secured and encrypted. The only downside is that the credit card company charges 2.4% of the transaction at the time that it's made. Unfortunately once the order is placed that fee is charged regardless of whether we process refunds or not. For the past two years we have just been eating this cost when refunds come through regardless of the size but due to the large order amount of the CrossFire PRO we simply cant continue to do this. That is why in our refund policy we make this 2.4% fee clear so that anyone ordering is aware of this. You would be surprised how many orders get made 'in error' or are accidentally double ordered and we have to process refunds for these. Up until this point it has cost us thousands in fees.

Our stance as a company is that before you receive your machine you are entitled to the full refund no questions asked. We have never once not honored this refund to any customer asking and we will never over-leverage ourselves as a company that would put us a in position where we couldn't honor any refunds. The 2.4% fee is just a reality of how online transactions work and we wish that we didn't need to charge it; the alternative is that we do accept mail-in checks so that if you did truly want 100% refund on a pre-order you could mail us a check and we would wire transfer the full refund amount if you did decide that you didn't want your machine before it ships.

Hope this helps to clear the air! In light of the responses on this thread we have decided to make this 2.4% fee more apparent to customers at the time of order so that they know what to expect if they find themselves in a similar situation so we do appreciate the feedback. Our number one goal is always customer satisfaction and we are here to listen to our customers and do the best we can to improve as a company.

Best,
Eric
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

And here is the wash...

Before I contacted you I reviewed the return policy (luckly i left the window up and took a screen shot) Here it is...(Notice there is no 2.4% mentioned number 8 does not exist)
langmire refund.png

After I requested a refund you updated your return policy. Here it is... (notice that you added number 8. Busted!)
langmire new refund policy.png

The agreement when I pre-ordered was 100% HASSLE FREE REFUND. Not a 97.6% refund. If you shipped 97.6% of the table would this be an ok business practice to you? This is not ok and frankly you should be ashamed because you didnt do what was right.

How you treat your customers, especially in the early stages is what defines you as a business. I run a fair business and above all else I honor my agreements and keep my integrity because it is the right thing to do and I have to sleep at night.

You agreed 100% refund and you should honor it.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Last edited by EverydayDiesel on Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

LS_Eric wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:16 pm Our rep that mentioned a 60-day cancellation window was incorrect. I just want to correct some errors on our part in response to our refund policy.
Why does this not surprise me that you are going back on what your company originally said.

LS_Eric wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:16 pm Any cancellations, regardless of how old, are subject to the 2.4% transaction fee, as stated on our terms and conditions page found here:
That wasnt there when I ordered. You can see proof of that of a screenshot I took before contacting you. (which is above)

LS_Eric wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:16 pm The reason that we charge this fee is because we use a third party credit card company that process the transactions and guarantees that all payments made through our online store are fully secured and encrypted. The only downside is that the credit card company charges 2.4% of the transaction at the time that it's made. Unfortunately once the order is placed that fee is charged regardless of whether we process refunds or not.
I work in this industry and I have NEVER seen this to be the case. Again you advertise 100% refund and you didnt give it. There was nothing about a 2.4% transaction charge at the time of ordering. That was changed after I asked for my money back

LS_Eric wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:16 pm That is why in our refund policy we make this 2.4% fee clear so that anyone ordering is aware of this.
Thats the thing, it wasnt even on your website when I ordered. (proof is above) You advertised 100% hassle free refund and then you updated your website when I asked to cancel the pre-order

LS_Eric wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:16 pm the alternative is that we do accept mail-in checks so that if you did truly want 100% refund on a pre-order you could mail us a check and we would wire transfer the full refund amount if you did decide that you didn't want your machine before it ships.
This was never mentioned or offered. What was offered was 100% money back cancellation

LS_Eric wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:16 pm Hope this helps to clear the air! In light of the responses on this thread we have decided to make this 2.4% fee more apparent to customers at the time of order
You havent cleared anything and I am still out the money.

A dissatisfied customer will tell between 9-15 people about their experience. Around 13% of dissatisfied customers tell more than 20 people. – White House Office of Consumer Affairs.
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

Typical of these guys. Almost 2 weeks and no response...no refund
RRussell
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by RRussell »

EverydayDiesel wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:32 am Typical of these guys. Almost 2 weeks and no response...no refund

I finally got through last week and said I wanted to cancel. I got a email back saying that the request was put in but no word yet.
bansil
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bansil »

Everydaydiesel, so how much did they charge you? $580 or $72ish?

Just curious, and you said you only make high-end stuff and knew nothing about cnc plasma tables apparently 2 months or so ago, now your an expert on machine quality?

What machines have you been running since your order?

You only buy high-end, so you chose a great machine at $3000 and didn't buy a $25k or $50k machine?

Big difference even comparing it to a machine 4X the crossfire at $12k, they truly are great, turnkey nope, but if shit breaks...you can fix it

Yes. I own one. Yes I waited 6 months for it, great customer support and THE BEST PART? The people on the forum are an asset and not assholes. Everyone helps everyone from programming, setup, running and diagnostics to get running, just like this GREAT SITE (good job staff and members)

I do understand your frustration with the 2.4% change due to lots of cancelations because of the kung-flu, people not working, part delays etc, if $72 hurts you so bad that you want to go all Karen on a company, I wouldn't want you as a customer personally.

Note a personal attack, just my opinion....what did you end up getting?I missed it.
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

I am building my own and i am well over 2x the cost of the China made one.

I think you missed the point. If a company advertises one thing and then changes it after you request a refund. THAT is someone that I will never do business with. That is shady and down right dishonest at best.
Last edited by EverydayDiesel on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bansil
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bansil »

anim_beer.gif

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

cyclestar
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cyclestar »

Wright CNC is about as shady as they get.
ctgolfer1
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ctgolfer1 »

I have had a Langmuir machine for a year and 1/2 now, everytime I had talked to them it has been " yes sir, no sir, anything we can help with sir" . They are fantastic to deal with so to have one grumpy gus peeing all over them because he found a hitch in their set-up and posting it in a public forum just is not fair. If this really happened this poor urchin does not deserve to have to pay the $74 that cant be used to feed his family, really those Social Security checks don't grow on trees, changing your mind on a good size purchase should be free to all the flakes in the free world!
Carry on kids.
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

ctgolfer1 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:45 pm I have had a Langmuir machine for a year and 1/2 now, everytime I had talked to them it has been " yes sir, no sir, anything we can help with sir" . They are fantastic to deal with so to have one grumpy gus peeing all over them because he found a hitch in their set-up and posting it in a public forum just is not fair. If this really happened this poor urchin does not deserve to have to pay the $74 that cant be used to feed his family, really those Social Security checks don't grow on trees, changing your mind on a good size purchase should be free to all the flakes in the free world!
Carry on kids.
Your inability to construct a sentence doesn't really warrant a reply but if you advertise 100% refund you should hornor it. Bottom line.
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

cyclestar wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:27 am Wright CNC is about as shady as they get.
Why because the promised something and then didn't deliver? Be careful. The Wright fan boys will get on here and call you names lol.
philofab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by philofab »

Hi, I'm new to this forum, I joined to do research on building my own table. I had ordered and paid in full for a Wright back on Feb 24th 2020 after talking to Wright several times at Sema, KOH, and other places. I had also been to their shop in Vegas a few times and several friends had purchased tables. I also was told 6 week by the salesman, and then did not hear a thing from them. As a matter of fact the little bit of communication that I had with Wright after the purchase was all initiated by me. I gave them the benefit of the doubt several times and they never followed thru with anything they told me they would do. I even spoke with Ricky at their shop when I made a special trip up there when they stopped answering the phones.

After I had enough I sent a written letter via USPS demanding a full refund or I would start the legal process to recover my money. I also sent copies to BBB and the Nevada AG. After receiving no response from Wright I started a fraud investigation with Wells Fargo. I'm a fair person, but I recommend that if you are in the market for a CNC plasma table you avoid Wright at this time (July 16th).

There was a ton of additional drama about Wright on many Facebook groups. I also made a video of the experience with Wright on Youtube if you want the long version. https://youtu.be/paI3sdob2P4
jocon57
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jocon57 »

I feel the pain in your video. Thankfully wright responded to my email in June for a refund and was fully refunded in about a week and a half. I purchased a table from stv cnc and received it in 5 ish weeks. They did not send my torch, the cpc cable and the plasma quench. They told me friday they ordered the cable just now and should be sent late this week. So i ordered one my self instead and will be here tomorrow. But still waiting on the cpc cable and quench.The table seems nicely built though. Upsetting to not recieve everything when you are so excited but life goes on I guess just more waiting.
DRICH
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by DRICH »

I purchased a Wright Cnc fall of 2019, received it in February 2020, they never answer their phone, charged me 250.00 for a cable that never shipped, I too filed with the BBB of Nevada. Sad to say I would never recommend them to anyone !
Johnny Colorado
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Johnny Colorado »

I bought a Langmuir Pro. did not work. they refunded my money and said keep the machine. Very odd. Who needs some parts?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Take some photos of what you have and post so we can see exactly what you have.
Thanks,
David
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

Johnny Colorado wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:14 am I bought a Langmuir Pro. did not work. they refunded my money and said keep the machine. Very odd. Who needs some parts?
Did you get a partial refund 😆

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”