purchase of wright cnc

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
OffRoadDevilDog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: purchase of wright cnc

Post by OffRoadDevilDog »

Just a follow up, I did dispute the transaction with my bank and Wright refunded in full 2 days later.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Thank goodness the only thing you lost was time and respect for those involved, and thanks for keeping this going to show a resolution for others in the future. No telling weather you dodged a bullet or they were just a victim of the times. Anyway your search goes on Good luck with the next one.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
cyclestar
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cyclestar »

Finally got a call back from them today after leaving several messages and cancelled my order for a 4x8 table, but not sure if they will refund the money or not, I guess we will see. I asked if there was any real timeline for having a table available for sale that could actually be purchased, and the person said not in the foreseeable future.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

Glad some of you guys are getting your money back. What a horrible way to get started on something that should be exciting and fun. Good luck guys.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

As I remember, the lead time on the last PlasmaCAM 4x4 table I ordered was under 4 weeks. Price is about 8K. Just a thought.
David
asuratman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by asuratman »

Why don't make it ?
basoffroad
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by basoffroad »

I paid in full in Jan, was told April for delivery. Then it was May. Then it was June. After not hearing anything, I sent an email for an update yesterday (June 4). Today I wake up with all my money back in my account, but no call or email. WTF? At least communicate with people. I have no issue waiting for a product, but contact me and let know.

So with that, who makes a good table that is affordable?
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

The good new is that you've got all your money back. I've heard "horror stories" about other companies where it didn't turn out as well for the buyer.
David
Brandd
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Brandd »

Wright CNC did the same to me no reply of Emails or phone calls, I ordered a table from Jeff on February 15 with a 6 to 8 week lead time but was told to expect it in 6 weeks, then told it would be delayed until mid June because of Covid, after several attempts to contact them my down payment of $4800 just showed back up in my account with no explanation. At this point I am just glad they didn’t take my money and run, these people are not to me trusted.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

What about Langmuir Crossfire Pro cnc plasma table? I haven't heard too many complaints and it seems like most of their customers are pretty happy with their machines.
David

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/pro
Langmuir cnc plasma.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

asuratman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by asuratman »

you can make with these items easily : https://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Router-Pla ... H8hp7RAQOw. You can get many help from people here ...
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I'm pretty sure he is looking for a "turn-key" setup.
David
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

adbuch wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:59 pm What about Langmuir Crossfire Pro cnc plasma table? I haven't heard too many complaints and it seems like most of their customers are pretty happy with their machines.
David

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/pro

Langmuir cnc plasma.jpg
I just cancelled my pre-order because the table was junk in my opinion.

This is how they handled the cancellation.

Their return policy is "no hassle returns" but IT WAS A HASSLE.
First I requested a return.
Second they update their return policy
Third they tell me there is going to be a cancellation fee

What kind of company treats their customers like this?

Here is their return policy before
langmire refund.png
Look at their website now (its different)

I paid the fee but they will NEVER get my business

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

Why do you feel it was junk, just curious as it's a sweeping statement

Seems to have a low price point so maybe that is reflective
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Just curious - why did you place a pre-order for the Langmuir if you thought it was "junk". I know several folks who have their smaller Cross Fire entry level table, and are quite pleased with the function an build quality. One of them liked his so much that he ordered and received their larger table. I don't personally own one (I have Plasmacam), but they look like pretty nice tables - particularly for the price.
David
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

I bought it when I knew almost nothing about cnc plasma tables. Maybe for some people its an ok table but not for me. I buy(or build) quality and I do it once which is much cheaper in the long run. Those tables are made in batches because they ship on the slow boat from china.

What really pissed me off about them is their customer service. Clearly if you advertise and agree that a 100% money back hassle free cancellation then you should honor it. I guess gone are the days where men are men of honor and honor their agreements. It wasnt until i cancelled, then they update their return policy and go back on their word. That is shady business practices and not someone who I will ever do business with.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

So what did you end up buying?
David
greg9504
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by greg9504 »

I have one, it's not junk, it's not high end either. It's a stepper plasma table with THC priced at $3070 shipped.
Langmuir Pro
Motion Accuracy:
0.002” per 12” inches
Step Resolution:
0.0005”
Maximum Cut Speed:
300 ipm

Others:
MOTION ACCURACY: .002” PER 12 INCHES
STEP RESOLUTION: (+) or (-) 0.005”
MAXIMUM CUT SPEED: 800 INCHES A MINUTE

A little slow on the max cut speed, if you cut a lot of very thin material that might make a difference. Otherwise?

I've measured backlash at less than 0.001" ( . Once bolted together with the leg gussets it's pretty stout. I added a bottom shelf that I welded in, even more stout. While I'm not certain, I think the frame is manufactured in the US. All the components, motors, ball screws etc are definitely China sourced. But I'd be very surprised if the linear rails/motors/wire/cable chains etc on the others were not as well. Maybe Taiwan for the linear rails.
It's half the price of something like the STV 4x4 table, once you factor in shipping.

It's not perfect by any means. But I got in on the original preorder, so for $2750 shipped I have a table with THC that I had assembled in 2 days.

Pros and Cons
Cons
- The water table drains do not come pre dimpled. Which is annoying when you go to drain it. Some people use Van Stone drains, which are flush. I dimpled mine
- The water table is two pieces, necessary to keep the shipping reasonable. They supply some silicone to seal between the two, a lot of people end up with leaks. Some people tig weld the halves together. I used a urethane adhesive, so far so good.
- It is a basic table, no hardware limit switches (at least supplied), no cable drag chains etc.
- cable management, see above. It could be better
- Expandability (electronics), it has some free inputs/outputs but so far they remain undocumented. So a con for now.

Pros
- Open support community (forums). You can go to their forums and browse through. The other lower cost tables I looked at had a closed support community, no way to know what you are getting into. You can also view the assembly manual which is well done.
- FireControl - It's their software for running the table, to replace Mach3 used on their first table. At this point it's a con and pro at the same time. It lacks features but is being actively developed.
- Their support is pretty good. I've contacted them twice via email and each time they replied within 24 hours. Most problems can be solved via the public forums though.
- While I haven't had to use it, from being on their forums they are pretty responsive to replacing any defective components.
- At least one person has got an air scriber working on it, mounted full time.
- large user base. Someone else has probably run into and figured out any problem before you.
- If you decide CNC plasma isn't for you, you are only out $3k for the table. Also being small, you'll probably be able to sell it fairly easy.
- It works.
Third they tell me there is going to be a cancellation fee
It seems out of character for Langmuir that you were charged 20% ($580) restocking fee on a canceled order, if it never shipped to you, especially as they are backed ordered and there is someone in line that will just get bumped up. Did you attempt to make contact with support? $580 is not trivial amount. From my experience they are a customer focused company, usually going out of their way to please customers.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Great review!! This looks like a nice table at a very reasonable price. And you're up and running cutting parts. You can't get much better than that.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Holy moly $580. to hold your money, no expense on their part, that stinks real bad.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

To me its not even about the money. I didnt get upset until they updated their return policy after I requested a refund. That's dishonesty at best and not someone I will ever do business with.
greg9504
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by greg9504 »

As the experience posted by EverydayDiesel seemed out of character for how I've seen Langmuir handle customers I sent them this email:
Hello,

Sort of a hypothetical question. If someone has an outstanding order for the Crossfire Pro, and that order has not shipped yet, and they want to cancel the order, will they be charged the 20% restocking fee?
I got back this reply:
Our policy is to offer 100% full refund without any stocking fee if your order has not shipped yet. The only caveat would be if the order is more than 60 days old, our credit card processor holds the 2.4% transaction fee so depending on the order size we may choose to hold this since this is money that we lose out on. But on a $3000 this would equate to $72 if the purchaser decided to request a refund after 60 days of the purchase date. To my knowledge we've only ever done this 3 times.
Which seems fair. The $580 figure was one I posted based on 20% restocking fee. It doesn't seem like that was the case here.
EverydayDiesel
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by EverydayDiesel »

100% refund my foot. I cant believe they are still lieing to make a sale. Ridiculous

One way to find out Greg, Order one and cancel ;)

It was 7 days between when I pre-ordered and when I requested the cancellation of the pre-order. The money was partially refunded last week so I was WELL within the 60 days. It should have been 100% as I was told and in accordance to their return policy. I am just glad I am done with that company.

adbuch wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:50 pm So what did you end up buying?
David
In the process of building my own. I am about $3k into it so far (and I have a bunch more stuff to buy) but its a quality machine that would cost at least 7-8x to buy. There is an old adage that says "you get what you pay for" which is especially true in this game.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

greg9504 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:15 pm As the experience posted by EverydayDiesel seemed out of character for how I've seen Langmuir handle customers I sent them this email:
Hello,

Sort of a hypothetical question. If someone has an outstanding order for the Crossfire Pro, and that order has not shipped yet, and they want to cancel the order, will they be charged the 20% restocking fee?
I got back this reply:
Our policy is to offer 100% full refund without any stocking fee if your order has not shipped yet. The only caveat would be if the order is more than 60 days old, our credit card processor holds the 2.4% transaction fee so depending on the order size we may choose to hold this since this is money that we lose out on. But on a $3000 this would equate to $72 if the purchaser decided to request a refund after 60 days of the purchase date. To my knowledge we've only ever done this 3 times.
Which seems fair. The $580 figure was one I posted based on 20% restocking fee. It doesn't seem like that was the case here.
I agree - something just doesn't seem right here.
David
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

If you paid on card speak with the card company

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”