purchase of wright cnc

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
jocon57
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

purchase of wright cnc

Post by jocon57 »

Ordered a wright cnc 4x8 table on March 14, was told 10 week delivery time. Contacted them yesterday now delivery in August. Just information for anyone looking into this table.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: purchase of wright cnc

Post by acourtjester »

As a single person who built a few table by myself that seems like a very long time, IMHO
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
jocon57
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jocon57 »

I agree.
cyclestar
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cyclestar »

I've had it with them, I'm going to cancel my order this week.
I was told today that my delivery was pushed back another 7 or 8 weeks until the end of June. I purchased the table on February 25th and Jeff in sales told it would be 4 or 5 weeks but they didn't think it would be that long because they were working to make up ground on the back orders. Then I was told it would be anther month and was given a delivery time of the first week of May. So I call today and the girl tells me they hope they can get it out by June 26th. Of course Jeff wasn't available to speak with.
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

To be fair with this COVID-19 around the world, nobody could deliver on time. Heck our post office in Australia just wrote to me today saying they have a particular problem getting parcels to the USA.

"While the United States of America remains a challenge, we are working through the items on hand to ensure that customers receive their deliveries as soon as possible. We are in regular contact with the United States Postal Service and are currently prioritising Express parcels - where airline capacity becomes available."

Imagine if they are waiting for parts..
jocon57
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jocon57 »

Rodw. They claim everything made in house and they made a Instagram video that corvid 19 wont affect them. They just got in over their heads I think.
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

jocon57 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:44 am Rodw. They claim everything made in house and they made a Instagram video that corvid 19 wont affect them. They just got in over their heads I think.
Maybe, I know a lot of guys over there get caught when ordering a table on a made to order basis but honestly to say they make everything in house cannot be true. There are so many parts that will come from abroad electronics etc. Try ordering some suspension from Fox or Kings right now. They won't even answer the phone for their Aussie distributors. Hopefully as some states in the US, come on line, they might get back to making cool stuff again.
cyclestar
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cyclestar »

They have said the entire time that this pandemic is having zero effect on their production.
I believe their business is built on smoke and mirrors.
cyclestar
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cyclestar »

I called to cancel and they made some concessions to convince me to wait for it. So we came to terms and I'm gonna give it a little longer.
OffRoadDevilDog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by OffRoadDevilDog »

cyclestar wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 6:38 am I called to cancel and they made some concessions to convince me to wait for it. So we came to terms and I'm gonna give it a little longer.
Are they trying to stick people with a cancellation fee after they change their delivery dates? I ordered April 1st with a 10-12 week lead time. That's a stupid amount of time to put together a table, especially after they showed off their million dollar facility where they build these tables with a video on Facebook. This isn't a couple of guys throwing together parts in their home shop. BUT, regardless of their issues, I felt like the lead time was ok if they were honest about it before the purchase. But 10-12 weeks is obviously not realistic if people who purchased in March are being told August.
biggscoug
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by biggscoug »

Run away from them. Everything I have read sounds like they are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

You have to know when to row away from the Titanic.

This is gonna end in them declaring bankruptcy and people losing their money. You watch.
OffRoadDevilDog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

biggscoug wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:28 pm Run away from them. Everything I have read sounds like they are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

This is gonna end in them declaring bankruptcy and people losing their money. You watch.
It went from "we're catching up on our backlog of orders" to "I just had to let some people go" on his social media videos. Maybe time to consider something else.
biggscoug
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by biggscoug »

OffRoadDevilDog wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:56 pm
biggscoug wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:28 pm Run away from them. Everything I have read sounds like they are robbing Peter to pay Paul.

It went from "we're catching up on our backlog of orders" to "I just had to let some people go" on his social media videos. Maybe time to consider something else.
You would think that taking all this money up front and not actually building anything with it that he would be flush with cash. Where did all the money go??? He isn't making and shipping anything. Should be plenty of money to keep people on...

Row away from the Titanic.
cyclestar
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cyclestar »

Believe this or not, the finance company called me 2 days ago out of the blue with concerns that they were paying for equiptment that isn't getting delivered. Said they would be back in touch.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

May be your last chance to bail out. Interesting why did they contact you is it because they have other complaints about this same thing. :Wow
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
OffRoadDevilDog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Finally got someone on the phone today. My sales guy Jeff was let go and they have no ship dates anymore. While they said they are still actively building table parts in house, the parts they get from their vendor are on indefinite hold for now. I asked for a refund and the person said they'd send it to Chris Wright but if I don't hear anything, just do a charge back. Time to jump ship, they're going down in flames right now. I just did a charge back, I'm not waiting until they file bankruptcy.
biggscoug
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by biggscoug »

He either fixes this fast or he is going to answer for fraud.
OffRoadDevilDog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Wright might recover from all this and start shipping tables again. They may refund all of their customers before going under. Or they may squander or steal their customers deposits before bankruptcy. If it's the later, whether or not he's charged criminally has nothing to do with me getting my $3k deposit back.

Not willing to ride this one out, just ordered from another builder that's 3-4 weeks lead time. Much more reasonable.
jocon57
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jocon57 »

I swear this is my luck. I paid with a credit card that I paid off wonder if that could be returned. I dealt with jeff as well
jocon57
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jocon57 »

And why was Jeff let going? Lying for more commission?
jocon57
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jocon57 »

eff. There isn't even a website now.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
jocon57
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jocon57 »

Tried to contact these guys all day. No response. I paid in full with a credit card. I wonder if and how I can get my money back if they do not contact me back.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

Call the credit card company explain the facts that they keep pushing the delivery date and you've found a forum where others have been concerned by the actions of the company and they too have carried out chargeback s because the goods / services are not being delivered.

The credit card company remains responsible for the payment to the third party.

Just because you have paid the card company does not move the responsibility for the transaction to you as the card company remains as the intermediary and responsible for the goods / services to be delivered.

Focus on the facts and the problem.
Try not to draw conclusions about persons involved or those you have dealt with or the business as you do not know anything other than your order keeps being pushed back and you have lost trust in the firm and want your monies back. Hence speak with the card company as they remain responsible for the goods to be delivered and payment to be made accordingly as the intermediary

Rumor and assumptions can be the kiss of death for a company which can be unhelpful especially at this time of uncertainty with covid19. The firm was probably cost effective (cheaper than others) , which is why you placed your order, hence the reason for the backlog. Covid19 will add delays and uncertainty to their suppliers and deliveries of parts.

Speak with the card company and let them resolve the issue and return the monies as you have lost faith in the firm and chalk it up to experience.
jocon57
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jocon57 »

robertspark. thank you. I appreciate the response. ill call the card company in the am. then to find a new one to buy?

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”