“Budget friendly” tables

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

“Budget friendly” tables

Post by mitchw123456 »

I currently have a 2x2 Wright cnc table but looking to try to move into a 4x4. Current tables on the list are Wright cnc, gofab cnc, and Cutting edge Plasma. My only complaint with my current table is the proma thc and it’s size. I feel like I waste soo much steel cutting smaller pieces of plate to fit table and not to mention the amount of time I waste and money spent on consumables cutting everything down to size.

I want a machine that is reliable first and foremost. I’d like to be able to take a good drawing and have it cut issue free without the torch randomly raising and crashing. Currently all the machines I’m looking at have ohmic sensors or floating heads (Wright cnc both). I’m leaning towards another Wright cnc but wanted some more opinions before taking the leap.

Thank you for your time.
ctgolfer1
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: “Budget friendly” tables

Post by ctgolfer1 »

jocon57
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jocon57 »

I just bought 4x8 wright cnc new light series table. hope I don't run into that problem. What program does yours run. The one I bought is myplasm
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mitchw123456 »

jocon57 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:41 pm I just bought 4x8 wright cnc new light series table. hope I don't run into that problem. What program does yours run. The one I bought is myplasm
Mine was prior to the swap and still ran on Mach 3. I would have a Wright cnc table ordered now if they weren’t trying to screw me over I believe.
OffRoadDevilDog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by OffRoadDevilDog »

mitchw123456 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:53 pm
jocon57 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:41 pm I just bought 4x8 wright cnc new light series table. hope I don't run into that problem. What program does yours run. The one I bought is myplasm
Mine was prior to the swap and still ran on Mach 3. I would have a Wright cnc table ordered now if they weren’t trying to screw me over I believe.
Can you elaborate? Pulling the trigger on a Wright 5x5 this week but I keep catching little hints about this company that aren't very reassuring.
The-Meerkat
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by The-Meerkat »

jocon57 wrote a post on March 18th and appears to be having trouble with Wright CNC. You might want to look up the post and maybe talk with jocon57.
Scott Meer
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mitchw123456 »

OffRoadDevilDog wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:47 pm
Can you elaborate? Pulling the trigger on a Wright 5x5 this week but I keep catching little hints about this company that aren't very reassuring.
I talked to Chris Wright today and got the song and dance that they were swamped and he was too busy to really talk much and told me pretty much prices we’re fixing to increase so if I was going to order to do it now.
mojo512
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mojo512 »

I just received my gofab table so I am happy to share my thoughts thus far. I am new to the forum but I hope to help in anyway I can.
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mitchw123456 »

mojo512 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:35 pm I just received my gofab table so I am happy to share my thoughts thus far. I am new to the forum but I hope to help in anyway I can.
I considered gofab but in al reality not going to go with them for 2 reasons. 1 being that I messaged him about a week and a half or so ago and never got a response and 2 is I don’t like the tablet and don’t want to learn new software.

I’m strongly leaning towards Cutting Edge plasma right now. I really haven’t found anyone say anything bad about them yet and Matt the owner was easy to talk to and responding in a very timely manner. He also didn’t try to bend you over on shipping and has a reasonable lead time. So far Wright cnc has lost a customer and that’s coming from a previous owner. I have cannot say a single good thing about the expierence I’ve had with Wright cnc lately.
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

You would be surprised to hear that most of the tables MFG in the USA are budget friendly. For example entry level machines lack tons of features of medium industrial machines. Add high end motors, drives, controls, control features, rigid structures, brand name linear rail (Yes there is a difference)...ect..ect and the price goes up accordingly. So lacking features and performance many that entry level customers retire or sell their machines at a loss to purchase a better, faster and more essential feature machine. If you are thinking about dabbling in CNC plasma cutting be prepared to spend your money sooner or later with later often times taking a loss on your entry level machine. We are passionate about this industry, the folks that use these machines and the folks that support it. But you must know there is no performance minimum standard. If there was a "Performance Minimum Standard" there would be no entry level machines. Buyer beware.
OffRoadDevilDog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

The-Meerkat wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:48 pm jocon57 wrote a post on March 18th and appears to be having trouble with Wright CNC. You might want to look up the post and maybe talk with jocon57.
Doesn't seem to be a problem, they're upfront about their lead time. They told me the same. If it changed drastically after ordering, that would be a problem of course.
OffRoadDevilDog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

mitchw123456 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:17 pm
OffRoadDevilDog wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:47 pm

I talked to Chris Wright today and got the song and dance that they were swamped and he was too busy to really talk much and told me pretty much prices we’re fixing to increase so if I was going to order to do it now.
You said you felt they were trying to screw you over, I was wondering what exactly they were trying to screw you over on? I don't know if their product prices are going up, but I know the "free" water table upgrade and powder coating ends in a week so technically the prices will be higher in April.

I've only found and talked to 2 people with the new Light Series tables and they absolutely love them. Neither were happy about the lead times or communication during the wait, but they are thrilled with the tables and said they'd do it again. They also both said they never would have considered Wight's old tables (light industrial and industrial) and I feel the same.
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mitchw123456 »

I’m going to refrain from posting it publicly but yes they attempted to pull some shit on me and I caught it. All they did was lose a repeat customer and gained someone who can’t say anything good about them as a business. James Kinnamont on the other hand is a good man. If he wasn’t there I wouldn’t have even considering ordering a second table from them. Chris Wrights latest actions showed me their/his true feeling on customer service and how he truly approaches his business. He is selling enough tables now he doesn’t care if you, as the customer is happy or not. It is simple as that. I wanted to buy another table from them as I really liked James, even though my first table was a constant issue, and for the fact that im a Wright myself.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”