Manuals, instruction

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
mikel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Manuals, instruction

Post by mikel »

Hi Guys I have never used any thing related to making the drawings to use the cutter the shop just purchased so I was looking for something along the lines of; Introduction in plasma table, plasma tables for dummies something along those lines just to get familiar with what needs to be done to start making designs.
I have no idea where to start, I really need to get a basic understanding before I even start to try to learn how to operate machine so any direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Manuals, instruction

Post by weldguy »

I am not sure such an instruction exists. Best to just dive in, take 1 thing at a time, and ask questions as they come up. Start simple and move up from there. Let us know what equipment and software your using and that will help also. Good luck.
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

My suggestion is YOUTUBE then search first for CNC plasma for beginners and then you can expand on that subject. Jim Colt has a couple of videos on just that subject. Hope this helps get you headed in the right direction.

Larry
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

I sent you a Private Message (Upper right corner ) here about the info you want.
have fun tom
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
mikel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mikel »

Thanks Guys
I actually started watching random videos last night will try "for beginners" next.
The machine is a Trucut series XT the gentleman who we got it from came by to help with set up said several programs so I'll list what he said even though I don't really know what each one is yet. output DXF, Bobcat, Sheet cam, Mach 4 cam software.
I am currently waiting on some new consumables he suggested we order and water additive then table is ready once the water is in.
I'm trying not to just start hitting buttons cause it looks so cool to use so maybe by the time I have the remaining items I'll at least know which buttons to hit LOL.
Thanks again,
Mike
mikel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mikel »

I also seem to be unable to do a proper search here for "basic" info or start up manuals I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly does anyone know a good
"Topic search" to use to be able to read some previous posts? I hate to keep asking over and over for stuff and hope I don't drive you guys mad.
Mike
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

mikel wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:22 pm I also seem to be unable to do a proper search here for "basic" info or start up manuals I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly does anyone know a good
"Topic search" to use to be able to read some previous posts? I hate to keep asking over and over for stuff and hope I don't drive you guys mad.
Mike
Well, because you bought a "Trucut" machine I would use that in several of the forums on this site as my search word and see what comes up.
Try - -

CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum
Tech Tips
Mach3 & Mach4 CNC
BobCAD
DXF Art - DXF Clip Art File Sharing Forum

Searching these will give you an idea of how the machine works, what can be done on it, problems people have with it and many other subjects that didn't come to mind when you started looking at how to use your machine.
Hope this helps you or atleast gets you started down the long road to learning to use the machine you just got. I remember when we got our first CNC machine and the boss came over and said "It's yours Larry, now learn how to use it" that was in 1985, still learning! :HaHa :HaHa :HaHa :HaHa :HaHa
Have fun and enjoy your work, and if you have questions there are members on this forum that can and will help!

Larry
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

here is what it looks like
pierce.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Like may search function the way you word things makes a difference, if there are not results try changing what you are looking for.
for a test just type in pierce in the search box and click on the icon to the right.
pierce.JPG

Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
mikel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mikel »

Excellent, gives me a place to start. Thanks
Larry83301

Post by Larry83301 »

acourtjester wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:12 pm Like may search function the way you word things makes a difference, if there are not results try changing what you are looking for.
for a test just type in pierce in the search box and click on the icon to the right.
pierce.JPG
acourtjester, I never use that search box any more, I use the one on the LEFT just below the FORUM name. It only searches the forum that you are on, not the whole board, that way I can find things faster. :Yay
search.JPG

Larry

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Ah yes new tool for an old guy thanks That will narrow the search
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe