Need help moveing before arc ok

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
ErikMc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need help moveing before arc ok

Post by ErikMc »

So I’ve been haveing trouble. I rebuild my controler over the last year (UB1 board UCCNC) I am useing a hypertherm PHC height controler witch is a stand alone system. Right out of the gate it seemed to be cutting great on thinner material (24ga 16ga 1/8). I recently tryed cutting 1/4 and now have a 3/8 sheet loaded on my table and I can’t cut anything on it!! It will cut holes good but when it moves on to cutting other features UCCNC seems like ignores the arc ok signal. It will start moveing while the PHC thc is still doing it’s hight sensing. I must add that I have added some path rules in sheetcam that improves the holes and corners and I have no rules for start of cut. I’m sure I’m missing some info and I’m sorry do ask I just can’t think of anything eles. I am useing all Hypertherm’s book settings. In uccnc there is a arc ok light on the main screen and it will continue on the gcode before the arc ok light is lit.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need help moveing before arc ok

Post by tcaudle »

There has to be something in the control software that holds motion until it gets arc ok. Typically the PHC is pretty much stand alone but it sends back a HOLD signal and takes a torch fire from the controls to trigger the THC actions. In MACH the THC ON input (called ARC OK by a lot of vendors) is made to hold motion . Surely UCCNC has something similar. The torch should touch off, raise to pierce height , fire the torch, wait for Arc OK (aka Transfer; Ok to Move) , delay for pierce delay time , release motion and plunge Z to cut height and start the cut. With a stand alone torch control it may control a lot of that process whereas most simple THC's let the G-code (from SHeetCAM do the touch off, moves and such. You may have dueling controls !

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”