Setting up new table ln

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Justin89
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Setting up new table ln

Post by Justin89 »

I am new to this so any help would be nice thank yall in advance. I just got my 4x8 Wright cnc plasma table in an have it put together. The problem is the x and y motor are making a awful noise and want move much.my roller bearings are pressed tight to the table if I loosen them it will slide more freely. So do the bearings need to be tight against the rail or loose
Mr_Scott
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Setting up new table ln

Post by Mr_Scott »

Tight enough to make full contact on the bearings as well as the gear track but not superman tight as that will kill the motors. They don't specify so you have to use your best judgement. Check it over multiple points before you tighten them all the way. Also, I can't stress enough the importance on the whole thing being level.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Setting up new table ln

Post by acourtjester »

On the table I build with roller bearings I found with each bearing I would put 2 fingers on the bearing and turn it. If the assembly was to tight it would not move to loose and the bearing would turn freely. You want to have some friction when turning each bearing it you hold the slider.
When you want to test do not have the motors even connected to their cables, as stepper motors will have a feedback that will stop them from moving far without from the drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leWjHZe_rcc
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”