Rezeroing from THC?????

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Billythegoat
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Rezeroing from THC?????

Post by Billythegoat »

It seems like after every cut my Z axis rezeros from where it leaves off from the last cut.

The cut ends at torch height of .06, raises up to rapid, moves to next pierce point, moves down to .06, torch fires then plunges down to what it thinks is cutting height but ends up right on the sheet.

I have my refdistance set to 400 since touching off with the floating head at every pierce takes FOREVER (yes I have patience problems) and my table is fairly flat.

Just wondering if there is something I can change in Sheetcam or on my Proma compact THC. I also have the delay on the THC set to 2 seconds not sure if that matters.

Thanks for any help. Eric
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Rezeroing from THC?????

Post by acourtjester »

Do you have a Floating head switch or a Ohmic sensor, both of these will check for metal surface at the time of each new cut operation. It is actually better to have both, the floating head switch acts as a safety if the ohmic sensor does not function.
Here is a video of what an ohmic sensor looks like with out firing the torch. The THC only works after the torch is cutting, has not effect before ofr at the pierce time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irhDCCx ... e=youtu.be
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”