Black annodized aluminum?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Black annodized aluminum?

Post by OTHill »

Has anyone on here used anodized black anodized aluminum? I'm still playing with my easyscriber and really like it but can't get it visible enough. I've tried cross hatching which helps some but increases my job time x 5 which is not acceptable. I have had the best success with aluminum painted flat black but not sure of the durability of paint on aluminum.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Black annodized aluminum?

Post by Ironken »

I could see painted Al chipping from the scribe mark out. The Ez Scribe makes a passable mark for what I need. It sounds like you need more. Maybe an engraver setup for your table may be the pricey but effective ticket.
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Black annodized aluminum?

Post by Larry83301 »

If you want to paint AL and have the paint stick wipe (wet) the surface with Vinegar (50/50 mix with water) keep wetting surface until it darkins (don't let it dry) and then rinse with water and blow dry. This cuts into the surface and makes it bond to the paint much better.

Larry

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”