New Burn Table

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
collinr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New Burn Table

Post by collinr »

Good Morning. I am new to this site, but have been reading all morning and there is a world of info and knowledge on here that I am happy I found.

We are looking to buy a new plasma table for cutting carbon steel. It will be used in our steel service center cutting parts out of mostly 1/4" - 2" a36 carbon steel plate. I have looked at a few tables, and I think I have narrowed it to an ALLtra or Koike table with the Hypotherm XPR300. Does anyone have any experience with either of these. We narrowed it to these two because of the companies servicing them and ease of getting parts when they inevitably will go down. I have heard from a friend who has a Koike that he didn't think it was as heavy duty as he needed and the Alltra would be more in line for what we need. That being said there is a difference in price and options.

Any input would be great. Also FYI we have not been doing anything except straight line cutting previously, and have no prior experience with any of this stuff.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”