Just water for table fluid?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Silicone&paint
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Just water for table fluid?

Post by Silicone&paint »

Hello all. Sheet metal worker for near 25 years, but zero plasma table experience. We just bought one more for the precision and digital interface, not so much for production, so it's not like it's going to be rocking and rolling from start time to quitting time. My question is whether or not filling the pan up with water in the morning ( as long as that takes 15 minutes ) , and then draining it at quitting time, is a sound practice or impractical/unheard of or something in between? We might not even use it daily, field crew and shop crew are the same folks. Thanks in advance

Ps we have not completed the set up yet.
Billythegoat
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Just water for table fluid?

Post by Billythegoat »

You will have less evaporation if you drain it to a container between uses. Plenty of air powered options for refilling table quickly.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

I fill and drain the water in my table almost every day and it works fine. That gives the crap in the table time to dry out, then it's easy to vacuum up. I use Arm and Hammer washing soda in mine to keep rust to a minimum, and drain into a plastic drum. A little air pressure into the drum pushes the water back up into the tray.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
Silicone&paint
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Silicone&paint »

Thanks folks. I work for a municipality and they can certainly afford to buy a bucket of greencut but they have only certain vendors to get things from.
So regular h20 was my plan b. ... and hell I'll go out and buy a box of washing soda!

I can't wait to get this thing running! Already looking into a home build!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”