Wild Game Dinner Donations

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
TrinityFabworks
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Wild Game Dinner Donations

Post by TrinityFabworks »

I am a high school teacher at a small Christian school, and we have a wild game dinner every year to help raise money for the school in order to keep tuition prices down. I am not looking for any files, just wondered if anyone has any ideas of good auction items? This is my first benefit auction, so I was wondering if I could get some advice on a few ideas. The dinner/auction is in a couple of months, so I want to get an idea of what I should start designing. I was thinking maybe some patriotic signs, wildlife coat rack, and maybe a fire pit, but I'm not sure.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Wild Game Dinner Donations

Post by acourtjester »

Here is one that should be a big hit, run any as a auction to the highest bidder.
\viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20910&p=165209&hilit=flag#p165209
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
ETCWeld
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by ETCWeld »

I agree that one would be a huge hit, but no matter how good the cut I doubt my painting skills could compare to that.
I’ve been trying to get ready for a fundraiser as well. I hadn’t thought of a dinner though. That’s a good idea. I was going to try to have ours during the school’s spring open house. We have potential employers there for students graduating from the programs, parents and potential students looking at the programs as well as community and industrial partners. From what I understand they are hoping for about 500 ppl this year. If I can, all my expenses will be limited to the builds.
I planned to display some generic cuts ppl have already gone crazy over, a couple big scenery ½ sheet pieces and some family and address pieces. (the samples will have administrator’s family names and street numbers obligating them to buy their own.
I’ve been putting together some binder type photo albums (mostly of things I’ve downloaded from here) separated into $50- generic pieces, $50-yard art pieces, $50- custom family name and/or address pieces and some $150-$200 ½ sheet pieces. My thoughts were to have $5, $10 and $20 raffles. We’ll also make more of the steel roses. Some for door prizes and some to raffle. I was even going to make a 3 rose wine bottle holder. Until you mentioned it, I hadn’t thought of a fire pit category, but now you have me thinking. The students had mentioned wanting to build a nice grill and it being a spring time event, I might let them.
Good luck with your event. I know I hardly have time to do what I have to, much less what I should do, what I need to do and what I want to do at work. I’ve already thought a time or two to just back out of this before expectations are raised and just go big for next year, but we kind of really need the money now lol.
TrinityFabworks
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by TrinityFabworks »

We do a wild game dinner, and it is mixed in with the auction. It is a great event every year! We sell seats for $25 or a table of 8 for $150. One of the student's has a dad that runs a catering business, so we buy the meat, and he cooks it in a variety of ways for free. We sell different value raffle tickets for different items. All of the items are donations. We have $1, $5, $10, and $20 raffles. They raffle off anything from coffee makers to Ar-15's to free week vacations to different families summer cottages, tickets to sporting events are usually a big seller also. I like your idea of the address markers as well. Just showing them examples in order to get future orders is a good idea. My painting skills are sub-par as well, but my dad does collision work, so maybe I could have his shop give one of the flags a really nice paint job!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”