Hello all!!.

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Boilermaker
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Hello all!!.

Post by Boilermaker »

New member, been reading through the forums here for about a month off and on. Been in metal trades for about 21 yrs now. Lots of Fab, Demo, and Welding experience. Getting ready (soon) to purchase a 4x4 table. Way too much info out there as well as models, not a bad thing. Have norrowed down to three companies. Arclight, Dynatorch, and LDRMotion systems. Next step will be locating machines in use locally and possibly factory visits. Any info anyone cares to share on this equipment please do. Thanks guys. Really am getting a lot of info from this site and is why I joined.
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello all!!.

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome Boilermaker! Your at the right place if your getting into cnc plasma. I don't have any experience with the manufacturers you listed so I can't comment but best of luck with your new venture!
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

Welcome to the site.
There's a lot of talented people on this forum to knowledge from.
Boilermaker
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Boilermaker »

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

I can tell you, I purchased my LDR table in 2014 and haven't looked back. Been running it steady since with no issues other than operator error and Dan has been there for support when needed, even when it's not really his problem. I would buy from him again in a heartbeat.
If you have the room go 4x8 or larger right away as the expense is in the electronics not the steel made to build the table. And if you plan on indexing sheets on your 4x4 you have to have room for the larger sheets anyway. Good luck
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Boilermaker
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Boilermaker »

When comparing it to an arclight, from reading through forums, they use the same electronic components. Arclight has a breakaway torch mount. What does the Ldr utilize as far as tip ups go?
tnbndr

Post by tnbndr »

What does the Ldr utilize as far as tip ups go?
Dan built my LDR with a magnetic break away even though they were not offering them at the time. I thought he would have made them standard issue but maybe not, but he can do it.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Boilermaker
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Boilermaker »

Thanks, that is good to know. The website is a little light on fine details. That's ok though. I've requested some info from them and I'm sure I'll be hearing back soon.
Desertdog
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Desertdog »

Check out Westcott plasma. The Titan table with Design2cut software is probably one of the best deals out now. Call and get a demo of the software. Software and support are everything. D2C is based on Flashcut's system. Intuitive, easy to use and reliable. Only a few table manufacturers use them, why? cost is about double a Candcnc system. As someone who's had both systems Design2cut leaves Candcnc in the dust.
Westcott Retro 5x10
Design2Cut software, CAD, CAM, CUT, all in one program.
Hypertherm 45XP
Champion 2 stage compressor, 7.5 HP motor, 15 HP pump (QUIET!),
80 gallon tank, auto tank drain, mag starter, after cooler.
25.8 CFM@175
Rdwfab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Rdwfab »

I have Design2cut on a Titan table. I don’t have experience with any other software as this is the only CNC plasma I have used, but I know people with others. There are some good features but I feel like I’ve outgrown it already and have only had it for less than a year. It really has a hard time with drawings with much detail at all if it’s more than about 24” square. Expect to spend a lot of time waiting for it to think about every click when drawing or editing. The font is all but useless so don’t be sold on how easy it is to add text unless you’re ok with it being very rough when cut. Text will have very few nodes and will look like crap. Don’t have as much problem with circles but I don’t use the text in the D2C program at all. Other than the fact I don’t have to cut sheets down before I load them or for making simple shapes/ brackets etc I feel like the 5’x10’ table is just a waste of floor space. Not much profit left in a job When it takes so long to wait for your program when drawing. Doesn’t seem to be an issue when actually cutting.
ColtDurr
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ColtDurr »

New guy here as well, welcome! I was leaning towards the plasmacam for my shop but I'm going to look into your three listed. May I ask what plasmacam isn't on your options ?
4'x4' Delusional Designs FREEDOM
Hypertherm 45XP
60 Gallon Cambell , Poor boy copper dryer , 5 stage MAX DRY desiccant, MICRO Guard TP

Return to “Introduce Yourself”