Windows updating

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
kennye
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Windows updating

Post by kennye »

I just recently had a problem with mach 3 turning my computer off. When I turned mach 3 on so I searched the web and found out windows update was screwing with mach 3 so I had my computer restored with a new copy of window 7 .Now the computer won't turn off when I activate mach but it seems the motor settings are going crazy and I can't get them properly set back to where the motors work in sync .Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there a fix for it .Pulling my hair out thanks. p.s. I ran the driver test and everything checked out go figure.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Windows updating

Post by acourtjester »

Have you gone into Mach and selected the Native units? It is under config
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
kennye
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kennye »

YES. its kinda hard to explain my problem .I have 4 motors x y z and y having 2 motors never at any given time will both y motors work no matter what pins i select .I had taken pictures a while back when everything was working. .Right now with those settings Y only one at a time seems to work.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

The second Y motor should be A and you need to slave them together and probably invert the direction on one.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
kennye
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kennye »

I tried that this morning after I read your post still doing the same thing thanks for the suggestion
kennye
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kennye »

The drivers are all lit green y’all think they could b a problem?
Billythegoat
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Billythegoat »

Similar thing happened to me with windows update. Z axis zero during cut would change multiple times during cut. After 3 days of reloading software and trying everything under the sun Jake from premier plasma sent me a new cpu. Now all windows software updates are turned off!
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Here is something you may want to do, there are files in the Mach 3 folder (and Mach 3/xmlbackups) that have all the setting info. I attached the screenshots of the folders, the plasma.xml is in the Mach3 folder and is the current settings info. Each time you make changes is the setting a new files is generated and the last one is written in the xmlbackup folder with a number and date of the change. You can copy them to a USB stick and if you have a problem later you can just copy that file to the new install and have you working setup info ready to go. You would need to delete the plasma.xml file in Mach 3 and then copy the old file into the Mach 3 folder.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Old Iron
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Old Iron »

I had this issue and had to remove the offending update, take my computer off line (permanently) and disable updates to keep it from putting me out of business.
I have another computer that is in the same cabinet that I use for the internet.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”