3D/2D CAD Design Software

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
amusick10
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

3D/2D CAD Design Software

Post by amusick10 »

Hello all, I figured many of you were into more than just cutting parts and would have come insight on this.

I am to the point where I need to get into some type of 3D CAD design software that also has the ability to flatten parts for exporting to the table as well as a simulation mode for testing parts within the program.

Im looking at IronCad, Solidworks, and a few others but have ruled out Fusion360 due to the cloud based nature of it. My shop does not have interent and even when it does, i'd like the ability to work on things without a connection or the long load times that come with suing it offline.

Is anyone out there using anything that doesnt cost $3K-$4K that is working well?
Torchmate II 4x8 (Kind of...)
DIY Adjustable Height Water Table
FlashCut CNC Motors, Controller, THC, Laser Pointer, V7.0 Pro Software
Hypertherm 45
Euclid933
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 3D/2D CAD Design Software

Post by Euclid933 »

I am using Alibre CAD, but I don't have the sheet metal add-on. It is the next upgrade to the edition I am using.
Regards,
Will
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 3D/2D CAD Design Software

Post by acourtjester »

you may look at "DesignSpark" it is free and has different protocols for different applications, and there are tutorials that can be downloaded.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”