Newbie from Iowa

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Sled208
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Newbie from Iowa

Post by Sled208 »

Hello All!!! This forum was recommended by one of the members on the Langmuir Systems website so here I am! I'm fresh into CNC operations and I think I hit the ground running pretty well. I've got a very basic entry level system that cuts a 2 x 2 area and has a fixed Z axis but I'm fascinated by the stuff I've been able to cut. I installed a water table and a cutting fluid reservoir so I can easily fill and drain the table with green cut. I'm powering the system with a Hypertherm 45XP. Prior to this deal, I had ZERO experience with CAD/CAM and CNC. I have a small shop in my backyard that I've turned into my small metal workshop. I'm more into creating functional parts but signmaking has kept me up on my game honing my skills. Otherwise, I've made a dash console for an aluminum boat, and a hydraulic coupler mount for our corn head on our combine. Looking forward to learning more about this process!!
plasma table.jpg
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newbie from Iowa

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, like many here plasma fills a need and ads to the project list. I'm sure you have seen the posted files cover both areas, just use the search function to find other things you may want to cut. When you have questions just post them, there is a very large user base to answer. :D
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Uniquemodz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Newbie from Iowa

Post by Uniquemodz »