Clip art and dxf files

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
807_powell
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Clip art and dxf files

Post by 807_powell »

Hi,

I Am new to cnc plasma, I just bought a second hand torchmate for the at home hobbie. Where would one recommend for purchasing clip art and dfx files?

Thanks in advance
whiskeymike
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Clip art and dxf files

Post by whiskeymike »

There are several advertisers here that you should check out. I would also focus on the file sharing forum here as most are good cut files. There are also several Facebook groups that share files.

Since you are new, I would avoid buying generic clip art, as it’s not cut ready, and until you learn how to modify clip art to cut the way you want, it’ll be frustrating. Good luck with your new system.
Ryan
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Clip art and dxf files

Post by Ryan »

I got the "master collection" from http://www.freedxf.com It was a great price considering what you get. I mostly use the files for a starting point or to grab something specific. There is alot of crap I wont use in it, but I feel I got my money's worth. It comes with a catalog file you can show your customers if they are looking for ideas or just want something generic cut out.

The file sharing forum is second to none. You can do pretty good by just grabbing files from there.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”