TEXT

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
michelle
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

TEXT

Post by michelle »

Can someone tell me how to make the words HOOKS FFA as stand alone lettering? I don't know if that makes sense, but the few things we have done with text has been where the letters fall out. We need these to be 28" tall because we're going to be welding it to our facility gate. I apologize for my lack of ability to properly describe what I'm trying to ask! Thanks!

Michelle
plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: TEXT

Post by plasmanewbie »

I think in this case you won't have any problems with the centers of the text falling out since the stand alone letters is what you want. If you were cutting those letters into the gate itself it would be a different story since the center of the O's and A would fall out. In that case you would want to use a stencil font or create "bridges" in your CAD software to connect the center of the letters to the outside. Does this make sense or am I missing something?
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: TEXT

Post by Gamelord »

In Coreldraw, you would just type the letters as you want them in the font you choose, size them how you want, then right click on them and select "Break Curve Apart". This will make each letter it's own piece/object. From there you can export each one individually as DXF and import into you cutting software.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”