Robot plasma pipe cutting

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
SynergyAI
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Robot plasma pipe cutting

Post by SynergyAI »

Hello, I am automating a pipe plasma cutting process. The system has a feeder conveyor of 12 meter lenght, with an inverter and a geared three phase motor, and a similar conveyor to take off the cutted pipe. Between the conveyors we have a Motoman robot with the plasma. The feeding conveyor has a encoder to measure the lenght of the pipe.
I need to control the coveyors (they will move syncronized) to feed the pipes and give the order to cut to the robot. The robot will have the path for each diameter and bevel direction, I just need to give it the order "Cut", a diameter, and a direction (For the bevel)
I know there´s a lot of CNC soft to do that, my problem is in the communication between the PC with the soft and the inventer of the conveyor and the enconder. I don´t know if control everything with a PLC and give the PLC only the lenght of the pipe I need, or maybe CNC soft can control all the system??
Thanks for your help!

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”