Best Earners

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
larrycameron44
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Best Earners

Post by larrycameron44 »

Hi all you kindly PlasmaMen and PlasmaLadies on this site. I have robbed all your files that you shared on the sharing forum and looked at all your lovely artwork as well. Thanks for that. I will be a contributing member of files one day soon when I become more learned!
I am currently waiting on a quote for the 2 x 4 Torchmate and going to use (hopefully) my Hypertherm Powermax 30 if it is compatible, Mark Spittler is checking on that!
I live here in lovely New Zealand- your all welcome by the way to pop over the ocean and come visit.
Oh sorry, Question was, if there was one single item you would choose that made you the most money plasma cutting over the years, what would it be? And any photos appreciated.
Thanks to any who answer in advance. :-)
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Best Earners

Post by Scratch »

I'll go....

Beadlocks.

More specifically "do it yourself" beadlock kits for off road vehicles. I must have made 200 sets of those things! plus I keep the centers and make stuff out of them too. I still have a pretty big stack of 12" centers left, although now those centers are selling pretty good as targets for a local SWAT team. I've even got to shoot with them!

I'm curious as to what others say....
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
larrycameron44
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by larrycameron44 »

Thanks Scratch I never knew what beadlocks were, had to google them, it seems our 4 Wheel drive fraternity use them as well. They seem to retail here for between $299 - $499.00 I am not sure if that's good or bad?
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

You're probably finding actual wheels with beadlocks already on them. These are do it yourself, weld on rings that weld onto your existing steel wheels. If you Google "weld on beadlock" you'll see they go for anywhere from 60-100 per wheel.
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

you wouldnt by chance know the diameter on the inside and outside of the beadlock rings so they would fit a 15 inch rim I would really like to make myself a set I have many 15 inch rims to experiment with :D
Krazy Kutz metal designs
awt112
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by awt112 »

Scratch would you be willing to share or sell a .DXF for the 15" beedlocks, I would also like to make myself a set for my chevy. P.S. what thickness metal are you using?
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

ya what he said id even pay for a dxf for the 15 inch rims and to anwer your ? awt112 i think it would be 1/4 inch they are using :)
Krazy Kutz metal designs
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Sure, I'll try to post the DXF of them tomorrow. And yes, I use 1/4" steel.
awt112
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by awt112 »

thanks certainly appreciate it..!
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

Scratch wrote:Sure, I'll try to post the DXF of them tomorrow. And yes, I use 1/4" steel.
Hi there scratch was just wonderin if your willing to share that file of those 15 inch beadlocks thanks.
Krazy Kutz metal designs
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Oops.... went out of town for my real job for a couple weeks and forgot to get to it. I'm back home now, but the file is out in the cold, cold shop and it's bedtime for me now, I don't feel like going out in the 16 degree weather to get it. I'll try to brave the cold in the morning... no guarantees though... I'm a big sissy when it comes to winter.
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Dustan »

hey scratch no problems I understand its like 28 below zero in saskatchewan 30 something with the windchill and it sucks but ya whenever you can that would be cool thanks
Krazy Kutz metal designs
parrotlady
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by parrotlady »

ya Scratch, I have been hoping you would post that file too! Dont be a big ole baby!

Also, do you not have some heat on in your shop for the computer?? I thought that computers could not stand -3? Whatever that works out to in American temperature, I dunno ;)

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”